• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Disney vs. Sony: The Fate of Spider-Man in the MCU

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
What do you think of the idea of Sony and Disney being unable to come to terms and keep Spider-Man in the MCU?

Future of 'Spider-Man' unclear after Disney-Sony fallout - CNN Video

I hate to say it, but it’s looking more and more like Spider-Man is out. Which means Tom Holland is likely going to be replaced and the series rebooted for a fourth time. Otherwise it will be strange to have all those MCU roots with his character and just leave that all behind.

Personally I hope they can come to a deal.

dDave

V.I.P.
They keep saying there's going to be an issue and then they remember they're making literally hundreds of millions of dollars (if not billions) off the one character alone. I'm glad to see that, despite the trouble, they have managed to work out their differences to keep Spiderman in the MCU. He's truly hopeless anywhere else at this point (I realize Into the Spiderverse was a good film).