• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Disney Channel introduces same-sex couple on 'Good Luck Char

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
http://tv.msn.com/disney-introduces-sam ... y/feature/

What are your thoughts? I think this is a good idea. I think kids these days have to learn early about same-sex couples, and this is a good way to do it. And, if you're not a fan of it, then just change the channel. Easy as that.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Re: Disney Channel introduces same-sex couple on 'Good Luck

Bizzy said:
http://tv.msn.com/disney-introduces-same-sex-couple-on-good-luck-charlie/story/feature/

What are your thoughts? I think this is a good idea. I think kids these days have to learn early about same-sex couples, and this is a good way to do it. And, if you're not a fan of it, then just change the channel. Easy as that.
I think it's cool that society has evolved to where this sort of thing is on kid's shows. I for one don't have a problem with this at all.

Crypticshock

Registered Member

You're only going to eliminate the stigma with education and education should be done in the early stages.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member

Well that certainly escalated quickly on kids shows content, but hey I'm all for it. Like others have said educate early and show that this doesn't make anyone any less of a person

Crypticshock

Registered Member

Escalated quickly? Will & Grace left the airways 8 years ago...

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member

Clearly I don't watch much TV lol, I was trying to refer to kid shows and failed miserably lol

Crypticshock

Registered Member

I know what you were getting at... but Will & Grace was a prime time sitcom that set numerous records while having it's primary character as a gay man. 16 Emmy's and 83 nominations. Massive ratings in the 19-49 demographics...

I'm kind of surprised it took this long to have it on kids shows... I mean, I've watched Bert and Ernie when I was a kid and they seemed a little... you know...

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member

Will & Grace was a huge hit and yes broke some barriers for sure. Bert and Ernie.... yeah I mean if that wasn't TV's first gay couple I don't know who was?