Disney bought Pixar!

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Mirage, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I was just reading Fortune Magazine and read a very interesteing article about Disney's recent purchase of Pixar for 7.4 billion dollars!

I have to say I am very excited to see this finally happen. (Toy Story 3 anyone? :D)

Steve Jobs just made a lot of money on this deal... and from what I've heard he is going to continue working with Pixar even after the transition. There should be some good sequels now to the Pixar classics such as "The Incredibles," "Monster's Inc," "Toy Story" etc. I am definitely looking forward to seeing what happens with this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4642116.stm

2. leopard22

leopard22 Registered Member

Ah, but is it going to be a good deal for Disney? From what I've seen, it's kind of risky, but it's a good fit for Disney if they are determined to acquire an animation factory. Plus they've already branded a bunch of their rides, etc. with Pixar characters, so there is already the tie in the public's mind between the two.

Pixar went public at $1 billion about 10 years ago, if I remember correctly, so if they were ever going to buy it after getting so close in other ways, now is the time. They could have got it cheaper a few years back, but right now it's not as expensive as it will be in another 10 years :)