Disgusting

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Here's there any food that just looks horrible and you told yourself you won't eat it, but eventually you do and you say "man, was I ever wrong"

For me the biggest one as to be Escargot, I was with my mother at a restaurant a few years back and she ordered it as an appetizer and I told her how can you that, and she's like try it, and I did. I was really happy that I tried it since it was great, especially with some good garlic butter on top.

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Mushrooms, the look and texture used to disgust me. I didn't try them until a couple of years ago and now can't get enough of them.

3. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

I'll try anything once;):lol: but no i dont think theres anythign i have not tried cos the look put me off:)

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I can't really think of anything because if I don't like a food it's because of the taste, not appearance. The only other instance is if I don't like the look of it, I probably won't try it through choice. That doesn't happen a lot though...

I guess I can go with prawns. They taste really nice in a curry or whatever but I still won't eat them on their own 'cause I think they look weird. There was one point I wouldn't eat them at all because of that but since I tried them I will have them mixed in with other things.

5. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Yaprak. [a cooked leaf, filled with rice and other spices].
    I never thought I could eat it until I tried it last year. It was really tasty.

6. Puck

Puck Registered Member

Squid. With tentacles. Ugh.
    I hate the look of them, freaks me right out. But I recently gave them a try (they were covered in batter so I couldn't really see the tentacles...) and honestly, they weren't that bad. I still wouldn't order them or anything on my own.

7. Arathald

Arathald Registered Member

I *love* escargot. I've only had it one, as an Italian restaurant in Japan (go figure). It tasted rather like shrimp to me.

The weirdest thing was deep-fried shrimp heads (complete with eyes and legs) -- I had these at a sushi bar in Seattle, about the best thing I've ever tested, but *really* weird looking.

8. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

Actually i did try something that i would never ever try again and thats goats cheese Yuk!!!!!:lol:

9. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Probably squid or frog legs. It sounds gross and I didn't even want to try it...but I liked it after I did.

Oooh I actually love goat cheese, Saffy. I make some homemade bruschetta (sp?) with it that is yummy.

10. Saffy

Saffy Registered Member

well the one i tried was warm so i dont know if that makes a lot of difference, but omg it was yukky and all i could taste the rest of the night, which wasnt good as it was part of a starter to a 3 course meal:lol:anyway its put me off trying it again now and i love miost cheese except the really smelly mouldy ones:-/