Disgusting

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's there any food that just looks horrible and you told yourself you won't eat it, but eventually you do and you say "man, was I ever wrong"

For me the biggest one as to be Escargot, I was with my mother at a restaurant a few years back and she ordered it as an appetizer and I told her how can you that, and she's like try it, and I did. I was really happy that I tried it since it was great, especially with some good garlic butter on top.

I can't really think of anything because if I don't like a food it's because of the taste, not appearance. The only other instance is if I don't like the look of it, I probably won't try it through choice. That doesn't happen a lot though...

I guess I can go with prawns. They taste really nice in a curry or whatever but I still won't eat them on their own 'cause I think they look weird. There was one point I wouldn't eat them at all because of that but since I tried them I will have them mixed in with other things.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Yaprak. [a cooked leaf, filled with rice and other spices].
I never thought I could eat it until I tried it last year. It was really tasty.

Puck

Registered Member
Squid. With tentacles. Ugh.
I hate the look of them, freaks me right out. But I recently gave them a try (they were covered in batter so I couldn't really see the tentacles...) and honestly, they weren't that bad. I still wouldn't order them or anything on my own.

Arathald

Registered Member
Here's there any food that just looks horrible and you told yourself you won't eat it, but eventually you do and you say "man, was I ever wrong"

For me the biggest one as to be Escargot, I was with my mother at a restaurant a few years back and she ordered it as an appetizer and I told her how can you that, and she's like try it, and I did. I was really happy that I tried it since it was great, especially with some good garlic butter on top.
I *love* escargot. I've only had it one, as an Italian restaurant in Japan (go figure). It tasted rather like shrimp to me.

The weirdest thing was deep-fried shrimp heads (complete with eyes and legs) -- I had these at a sushi bar in Seattle, about the best thing I've ever tested, but *really* weird looking.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Probably squid or frog legs. It sounds gross and I didn't even want to try it...but I liked it after I did.

Oooh I actually love goat cheese, Saffy. I make some homemade bruschetta (sp?) with it that is yummy.

Saffy

Registered Member
Probably squid or frog legs. It sounds gross and I didn't even want to try it...but I liked it after I did.

Oooh I actually love goat cheese, Saffy. I make some homemade bruschetta (sp?) with it that is yummy.
well the one i tried was warm so i dont know if that makes a lot of difference, but omg it was yukky and all i could taste the rest of the night, which wasnt good as it was part of a starter to a 3 course meal:lol:anyway its put me off trying it again now and i love miost cheese except the really smelly mouldy ones:-/