• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Disciplined at work

DSTAUBIN

I was disciplined at work for veiwing inappropriate material. I do not initiate any of the sites they said I was on. I must have clicked on something that sent me to another site. If I had a pic come up that I thought was inappropriate and immediately minimized it, would it still show up on the company server?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Your company probably logs your internet use. If they do, they should also be able to check how long you spent on any given page. If you did close the page quickly, they should be able to see that and understand. You can't always avoid popups and they should realize that it might not always be your fault.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, if it's minimized it will still track the time it was opened until you physically close the window. Good luck trying to convince your boss that you minimized it..

DSTAUBIN

Thanks, I don't have to prove I minimized it. They have to prove I didn't.
I don't want any surprises. If they remove the hard drive can they tell if I was watching or minimized? Any advise on how to fight this would be appreciated.
------
Bumping it up. Any help?

Last edited:

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well if they have screen capture software then they have everything you did logged and can play back your session and see exactly what you did. If you did minimized it then they will see that. (If they have that type of software, which isn't a guarantee by any means).

Otherwise I'm not sure how they could prove it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
shelgarr General Discussion 10