• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Disappointing travel destinations

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Have you ever gone on a vacation/holiday and thought, man, this wasn't that great or exciting? I'm talking the final destination too, not just a random stop you may have made on the way there or something (ie: you drove through it).

Give reasons and examples and stuff.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I can't say I did. Maybe because I research a lot and have different plans (in case the first fail) prior to my travel. If ever I have felt disappointed in the trip, it has more to do with whoever I'm traveling with - like I didn't expect the person would behave so disappointingly, sometimes. And that takes away a bit of the fun of my travel.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I should make it clear since I got a few reps about this, I didn't make this thread because I dislike England lol

Anyway, its never happened with me either. Sometimes things aren't as great as they seem but never been that disappointed.

Impact

V.I.P.
I've never really had an overseas destination be disappointing, but once when I was about 16, me and a friend decided to road trip to the West Coast of NZ. We stayed in a place called Westport and it was dreadful. There was nothing to do, the beach was really stony so not great for walking on. There was a national park nearby but even that was pretty boring after the first few days.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Never had that happen. I love travelling and exploring new places. I've loved every country, city and town I have visited.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
A couple times on trips with my parents, we'd go to a lot of places that were more fun for them, than the kids. Generally that was when they were shopping at different stores seeing if they could find good deals. Other than that though, my trip destinations have always been fulfilling.

dDave

V.I.P.
I go to Chicago every summer, it's a generally disappointing location as far as vacations go. It is great to see family though, I'd never pass up the opportunity.

It's not that I'm actually disappointed to go to Chicago (I actually love it), but it's simply not a vacation spot. :lol:

Generally I like to travel somewhere fun (it's hard to compare sometimes because I live in a vacation spot for many people :lol:) I like traveling though, the actual trip is fun for me, the destination is just a bonus.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I go to Chicago every summer, it's a generally disappointing location as far as vacations go. It is great to see family though, I'd never pass up the opportunity.

It's not that I'm actually disappointed to go to Chicago (I actually love it), but it's simply not a vacation spot. :lol:
Seriously? Most people who visit Chicago say it's one of their favorite cities. Your family is way out in the pretty distant suburbs. How often do you even get downtown?

I've traveled all over the place. The city of Phoenix is probably one of the more boring cities I've been to. The surrounding areas are pretty awesome, but the city itself has nothing going for it. Honorable mention goes to Tulsa and Memphis.

dDave

V.I.P.
That's just the thing, I don't usually get to go downtown. Usually I'm out in Chicago just for family (they're all North of downtown I think). The people make it fun for me, not the city itself. I like the area that I always visit, but I can't tell if it's for nostalgic reasons or because I truly like the area for what it is.

I'm sure that if I got into the city that I'd actually enjoy it just a bit. I don't go to a lot of large cities. I'll admit it, I don't like the traffic, but walking around and experiencing a city is a lot of fun.

Bliss

Sally Twit
Before traveling I always make sure to research the destination. I look at reviews, pictures and things to do. Because of this, I have never been disappointed. However, every place I have been to has been a popular choice.