TV Dirty Jobs With Mike Rowe

Dabs

Registered Member
I'm sure everybody has at least heard of this show~
He shows the world some of the most nastiest jobs!
I have watched him castrate a horse..clean up pig shit, but one of the worst shows I seen him do, was when he went into a home and had to fume and spray for cockroaches :-o
Omg, they were swarming and crawling everywhere...he'd open a kitchen cabinet, and they'd drop out by the hundreds :shocked:
And people actually lived there...ugh~
Has anyone watched this show??
Any particular ones that were really 'dirty jobs??'

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Well, I've heard of it. I can watch it all at any time (Netflix), but I have this thing... I don't watch Reality TV. I hate it all. I actually own Mythbusters: Collection 1 on DVD and it's no exception - hate it. The thing about these shows I dislike most is the obvious staging they do. Like in MB, for example, they write every show around an explosion or prop of some sort.

This show actually looks informative, but I'm not into getting grossed out. What else can you tell me about the show? Does this dude just go around America? Anyways, I'll check back and see what everyone's favourite episode is and maybe sit down and watch one myself.

Dabs

Registered Member
Well, I've heard of it. I can watch it all at any time (Netflix), but I have this thing... I don't watch Reality TV. I hate it all. I actually own Mythbusters: Collection 1 on DVD and it's no exception - hate it. The thing about these shows I dislike most is the obvious staging they do. Like in MB, for example, they write every show around an explosion or prop of some sort.

This show actually looks informative, but I'm not into getting grossed out. What else can you tell me about the show? Does this dude just go around America? Anyways, I'll check back and see what everyone's favourite episode is and maybe sit down and watch one myself.

Not until you metioned it, did I even consider this a reality show...but you're right, it is ~LoL~
I usually loathe reality shows, but this one is pretty good.
He goes around the country and finds the nastiest dirtiest jobs that average every day people have to do.
He basically is showing the rest of us, what some others have to go thru~
Like I said, he was taken with a pest control agent, to rid a house of roaches and spiders.
He has crawled into slimy oily places to unplug drains.
He has stuck his hand...arm I should say, up a horse's ass...and also showed us how they artificially inseminate a horse.
It's gooey, it's messy.
Some aren't so bad, like the show he did on the Liberty Bell, cleaning bird poop off of it.
Mike Rowe himself actually makes the show best, he has wise ass remarks about different things :lol:

Interesting note, I have a friend who met him while he was filming an episode. He did one episode where he went to a place called Stone Labs, which is run by Ohio State. It's a place that does observation and data collection and things like that on animal life, such as snakes and fish and whatnot. The jobs he was doing was things like catching snakes to take measurements and observing feces to gather data about what the creatures ate.

The moral of the story, though, was he was a massive dick. Like anytime anyone tried to talk to him when the cameras weren't rolling he would basically tell them to fuck off. He actively insulted pretty much everyone he saw and acted like everyone was lucky to be in his presence. I can't watch that show without thinking about the fact that he is a massive asshole.

Also, I am not that big of a fan of the show anyway. Parts of it are a bit interesting, like seeing all the steps that are involved in jobs we take for granted, but it takes a bit more to hold my interest than "Look! This guy has to shovel shit! OMG!"

Dabs

Registered Member
Interesting note, I have a friend who met him while he was filming an episode. He did one episode where he went to a place called Stone Labs, which is run by Ohio State. It's a place that does observation and data collection and things like that on animal life, such as snakes and fish and whatnot. The jobs he was doing was things like catching snakes to take measurements and observing feces to gather data about what the creatures ate.

The moral of the story, though, was he was a massive dick. Like anytime anyone tried to talk to him when the cameras weren't rolling he would basically tell them to fuck off. He actively insulted pretty much everyone he saw and acted like everyone was lucky to be in his presence. I can't watch that show without thinking about the fact that he is a massive asshole.

Also, I am not that big of a fan of the show anyway. Parts of it are a bit interesting, like seeing all the steps that are involved in jobs we take for granted, but it takes a bit more to hold my interest than "Look! This guy has to shovel shit! OMG!"
Wow, I have to say, I am surprised by the above underlined.
But then, I guess there is a bit of arrogance in everyone.
I've never met the dude and I don't watch every single episode of his show, but the ones I have seen...were interesting, to say the least~

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've seen this show several times. It's alright, but it gets repetitive after a few episodes. The worst one I saw was when he was with some sewage cleanup crew that cleaned up a house that had its pipes burst and got sewage everywhere.

It's kind of disappointing to hear that story, Vince. He always did kind of rub me the wrong way for some reason. I'm sure it's pretty common for people in the entertainment industry to be extremely arrogant.