Dip Recipes

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Share some of your tried and tested dip recipes here.
Heres mine:

7 Layer Dip

You'll need a large tray, and enough of each ingredient to cover an entire layer of the tray.

Refried Beans
Guacamole
Sour Cream
Finely Diced Tomatoes
Finely Sliced Spring Onions
Grated Cheese
Paprika

Spread a layer of each onto the tray, in the order the ingredients are listed.

I was abit iffy when I first saw this dip made, but it's actually really delicious.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
That looks yummy. What did you eat with it? Somehow it makes me think of tacos. I don't think I ever made special dips unless you count mixing mayonnaise and ketchup.

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
Delicious and easy to make Spinach Artichoke dip:

1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 cup Alfredo sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a small casserole dish, mix the spinach, artichoke hearts, cheese, mayonnaise, and Alfredo sauce.

Bake 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly bubbly and lightly browned.

I fry bow tie pasta to dip into this, but you can use just about any kind of waifers or thick, dippable chips.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I am going to try both of these recipes. They sound so good.

This is one that I know off the top of my head.

Cheese dip
1 lb hamburger
taco seasoning
1 velveeta cheese
1 can rotel tomatoes

I normally do this in my crock pot. I cut the velveeta cheese into squares, throw it into the crockpot with the rotel tomatoes, and turn it on. While that's going, I brown the hamburger meat, and then add the taco seasoning to it. When that is done, I add it to the cheese and rotel tomatoes. Everyone loves it, and they always ask me to bring it to parties.
I have another recipe for hot wing chicken dip. I will post that after I find it.

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
I am going to try both of these recipes. They sound so good.

This is one that I know off the top of my head.

Cheese dip
1 lb hamburger
taco seasoning
1 velveeta cheese
1 can rotel tomatoes

I normally do this in my crock pot. I cut the velveeta cheese into squares, throw it into the crockpot with the rotel tomatoes, and turn it on. While that's going, I brown the hamburger meat, and then add the taco seasoning to it. When that is done, I add it to the cheese and rotel tomatoes. Everyone loves it, and they always ask me to bring it to parties.
I have another recipe for hot wing chicken dip. I will post that after I find it.
Anita, this sooooooo soundsl like something my hubby would love. Thanks for sharing it. Going to try it this weekend.:D

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Anita, this sooooooo soundsl like something my hubby would love. Thanks for sharing it. Going to try it this weekend.:D
Not only is it yum, but it's easy. Also, you can try ground sausage instead of taco meat if you want it spicier...I have tried both and prefer taco meat over the sausage.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I read that as Rotten Tomatoes. Wut? :hah: Well, looks like I can't make that dip because they don't sell it here. I need to update my grocery list for the US trip this summer.

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
I read that as Rotten Tomatoes. Wut? :hah: Well, looks like I can't make that dip because they don't sell it here. I need to update my grocery list for the US trip this summer.
Ysabel, I'm serious when I make this offer. If there are things that you can't get that you'd like to have from the US. I would not mind at all getting them for you and shipping them to you. I can't imagine living somewhere where I couldn't get my favorite things.

Seriously, I'd be more than happy to do this for you if you'd like me to.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Well it's basically a can of tomatoes and green chile peppers diced. Do you have anything like that there?

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
A different twist on salsa.

I made this for a 4th of July party last year. If you're having a large party, just double it. It was a big hit!

1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and diced
4 medium tomatoes, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 cup chopped red onion
3 tablespoons olive oil

In a medium bowl, combine the mango, avocado, tomatoes, jalapeno, cilantro, and garlic. Stir in the salt, lime juice, red onion, and olive oil. To blend the flavors, refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.