• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dinner Music

Bliss

Sally Twit
When you eat dinner do you have music playing?
I was watching American Beauty and the family were listening to music while they were eating. I've just never known of anyone doing that so wondered if it was common.

When I eat with my family we'll either eat in silence or have the TV on in the background.
My boyfriend and I rarely eat together because he gets back from work before me but when we do eat together we usually stick a film or just sit and chat.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
TV is in the background, like a radio. Sometimes I have no music though and use the time to just chat with the kids or ask them to eat quietly hahaha.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I've never seen that either. What kind of music were they listening to?

My family usually has the TV on in the background, or just nothing at all and we'll chat.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
In my dorm room, I usually have ESPN on in the background or some of my favorite artists like Muse or Florence + The Machine. Usually the TV, though.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I always eat out in the living room at home and the TV is always on or I'm doing something on the computer at the same time.

When I was living at home we always had the television on as well. We could see it from the kitchen.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I've never had music playing.... but like others, the TV is usually on in the background.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I've never seen that either. What kind of music were they listening to?
I think they listened to Gene Kelly but then Jane (the daughter) referred to it as 'elevator music'. It wasn't rock music or anything like that. Just a bit of piano.

Dabs

Registered Member
If we eat at home, the Tv is always on in the background. Well sadly, we eat in the family room, in front of the Tv. But when we dine out at a restaurant, we listen to whatever jumbo they have playing, unless you go to someplace like we went last night. We went to Ruby Tuesday's, and they have large big screen TVs up all over, and they had a basketball game on. My granddaughter likes playing basketball, so she enjoyed that.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
Maybe it's a rich people thing. I'll usually have the TV on, and to hell with the dining table, unless it's Thanksgiving or something. At a restaurant, though, I can appreciate a little musical ambience.

Impact

V.I.P.
The TV is usually playing in the background, sometimes that on a music channel but I don't have specific dinner music. That just seems weird.