• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sony Digital Devil Saga

S

shakujou

Has anyone else played this series? (I know someone on this forum already has a avatar/sig dedicated to one of the characters in it.)

I've only played the first one so far, and absolutely loved it. I beat almost everything except the final secret boss. Which means you have to play through the entire game in the "new game plus," and then you have to be max level just to stand a chance of beating him.

I was around level 80 when I actually beat the game, with Serph having a full mantra grid. I didn't even go after the final boss until I beat all the available secret bosses, and the "final" boss was a piece of cake.

M

Masakado

lmao, can't beleieve I forgot to make a thread about it... I am slow, lol. The character I am is "heat" but my name actually comes from the predecessor "Nocturne." Masakado is the secret boss for Nocturne.

Yea, the secret boss was actually the main character from Nocturne. Damn, he is hard as hell, I beat it, but it took about an hour and 30 mins to do so... gawd.

The final boss was fairly easy, I havent played dds 2 either, gotta get around to it soon though.

S

shakujou

Ya, considering my first time through the game took like 80+ hours to finish, I didn't feel like taking another 80+ and find myself completely burned out. I know the strategy and everything to beat Nocturne, but I really just don't want to take 100 hours to get there. ><

What was your team? Mine was: Serph, Gale, and Argilla. I always kept Heat leveled up, with good mantra, but was just too used to the strategy that I always used.

Do you agree with me that Cielo was almost completely useless?

M

Masakado

I used Heat, Gale, and Serph. Cielo wasn't too bad, he was mostly my back up guy. However, I switch chars around a lot, it's more fun that way.

It took me about 50+ hours the first time through, but the second time around it took me about 30 hrs. I mostly replayed it to get the correct events to recruit heat again in DDS2.

I had all the Mantras for Serph and Heat, then I was close with Gale. Argilla mainly had all elementals and healing ones. Cielo was all over the place, lol.

P

pasteycracker

Sorry for bringing back a dead topic.... but does anyone know where to find Digital Devil Saga 1? I can't find that damn game anywhere. :(

B

Blitz

Yea it is pretty tough to find, it kinda dissapeared after the first 2 months, at least at my local ebgames and gamestop.

Luckily I bought mines a week after it came out. If you can't find it at your local game shops, the only places left to look are probably the flea market or online.

Oh and good luck! This game is awesome, you need to play it O.O

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Blitz said:
If you can't find it at your local game shops, the only places left to look are probably the flea market or online.
Unless you live in Europe....then you're screwed until June 30th (Europe's release date), unless you own a system that can play NTSC games.

P

pasteycracker

Blitz said:
Yea it is pretty tough to find, it kinda dissapeared after the first 2 months, at least at my local ebgames and gamestop.

Luckily I bought mines a week after it came out. If you can't find it at your local game shops, the only places left to look are probably the flea market or online.

Oh and good luck! This game is awesome, you need to play it O.O
Instead of paying attention in physics today I decided to search for the game... I did find it used for roughly 50 dollars on amazon... however I did for new copies on amazon for about 30 dollars more... I don't think the used ones come with all the extras, so I'll shell out the extra money... :p

P

pasteycracker

SCORE! I just ordered from this guy off amazon... Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 for 99 dollars. Comes with original packaging and everything... DDS2 is even SEALED. :D

WOOOO HOOOOOO! :D

B

Blitz

Where I am, that's not that good of a deal, but it's not too bad either.

Have fun! Watch out for the ultra hard optional bosses, it takes so much time and effort to get to them that I am not sure if it was worth it. However, if you like that kind of challenge take a shot at them! It will at least make you feel somewhat badass lol... well I did XD