Different Sibling

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Do any of you wonder what it would be like if your sibling was a different gender? Or if you don't have siblings do you wonder what it would be like to have one or two?

I'm pissed off at both my brother's at the moment, one is under educated and can't watch his temper or keep a job for two minutes, the other is a smart ass; both are in their late twenties and haven't settled down.

I'd like to believe that if i had an older sister or two that i'd at least be an aunt by now; and i'd wouldn't have to argue with one of them about cars :lol:

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have a twin brother, and personally I dont know if I would like to have a sister, depends if she was younger. I don't know if I would like to have a younger sister. I am pretty happy with my current sibling right now.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I wondered how it is to have an older brother. I've always wanted one. In HS it was more because I see my friends who get to hang out with their older brother's friends at home. I thought that was cool (and some are lucky because I was attracted to the older batches). :lol: I also get along well with guys in my class. I like that they're interested in sports and other things considered to be a guy thing. I couldn't share that with my sister. My younger brother is 12 yrs younger than I am so playing with a 4yo wasn't the same thing. Now he's older, the age difference matters less and we're interested in the same things. But yeah, I had to wait until he grew up.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
I wondered how it is to have an older brother. I've always wanted one. In HS it was more because I see my friends who get to hang out with their older brother's friends at home. I thought that was cool (and some are lucky because I was attracted to the older batches). :lol: I also get along well with guys in my class. I like that they're interested in sports and other things considered to be a guy thing. I couldn't share that with my sister. My younger brother is 12 yrs younger than I am so playing with a 4yo wasn't the same thing. Now he's older, the age difference matters less and we're interested in the same things. But yeah, I had to wait until he grew up.
12 years? Holy crap and i thought being 7 and 8 years younger was bad :-o; but i suppose it's alright if you get along now.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I think it would really be different. My brother is a jerk and he might be a bit more understanding if he was a girl.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've got both a Brother and a Sister, both are younger than me. So I think the only way for this situation to fit me woudl be to make them older... lol. In that case, nah I dont think I'd want to swap places with them. Mostly 'cause they get off with things so much easier than I ever did at their age.... its gonna come back and haunt them in the end if you ask me.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I have 4 brothers and a sister. I wouldn't change any of them to be the opposite. I have enough brothers, and one sister is quite enough, as plenty of my clothes go missing as it is.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
12 years? Holy crap and i thought being 7 and 8 years younger was bad :-o; but i suppose it's alright if you get along now.
The older you get, the lesser 8 years would seem. It's like at some point we stop changing radically (even if we're still growing) and all the young ones just seem to catch up on you.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I have 4 brothers and a sister. I wouldn't change any of them to be the opposite. I have enough brothers, and one sister is quite enough, as plenty of my clothes go missing as it is.
lol, you got me beat by one. I have 3 brothers and a sister. One older brother, and the rest are younger. Rather than count all the differences, I'll just post them in order of age. 24 Older brother, 22 in april is me, 20 in may is my sister, and 16 in march for one brother and 15 in march as well for the other little brother.

My two younger brothers are the spawn of my loathesome step father, but I still consider them full brothers. Sadly, the older of the two is staying with his father, and everytime I see the kid, I see more and more of the crappy qualities of his father. (ie: selfishness, ignorance, vindictiveness, selfishness, stupidity etc.) The other little brother lives with me and my mom, so at least he's got some decent influences. He has his troubles in highschool, but its normal.

My older brother is a different story. He's alot like our father, addicted to lots of different substances, and he's an emotional failure. When I was living on my own, he came to stay at my place cause he had no place of his own. Which was fine, he paid half the rent somehow. Figured out that besides his pot smoking habit, he also had a pot selling habit =P Also he had shitty friends. After having the cops come knocking on the door asking about the whereabouts of one of his friends, I decided it was better for him to leave. Which he did. Now he's off the pot, has a gf, and I'm gonna be an uncle, so at least he's doing something good for me =P He learned his lesson and is doing better for himself.

My sister also came to live with me as well. She had her bout with drugs between the ages of 16 and 18, so when she came to live with me at 19, I didn't have any problems with her. Except that our idea of what clean was clashed pretty greatly lol. Her ability to hold a job for any length of time failed, and so she didn't stay long. However, now she's had the same job for 9 months, and it's doing good for her. THANKFULLY she hasn't made me an uncle to yet another child lol.

Yup, that's my siblings, and I wouldn't trade them for any other siblings.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
I'm the oldest child in my family. I have a younger sister who is slightly mentally retarded so she gets special treatment. I really wish sometimes I had an older sibling so my parents could try out their "parenting tactics" on them instead of me.