• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Diet pill recalled, links to liver damage

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Food and Drug Administration says USPlabs of Dallas is recalling OxyElite Pro products thought to have impurities. The dietary supplement is used for weight loss and muscle-building.

Diet pill recalled due to links to liver damage - CBS News
There have been several people that suffered liver damage from this product to the point of needing a transplant, even one person died. If you are taking this stop.

dDave

V.I.P.
I've never understood why people needed a pill for this kind of thing in the first place. Why can't you just eat healthy and work out? Taking medication that you don't absolutely have to take seems kind of stupid, maybe that's just me though.

It says "scientifically reviewed" right on the side of the bottle. Just wanted to point that out.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Considering this isn't the first time diet pills have harmed people you would think they would stop taking them.

Scientifically reviewed, that sounds like a joke. I wonder what the impurities were and if they were suppose to be there or if they were 'accidentally' added.

Elanor

Registered Member
I've never understood why people needed a pill for this kind of thing in the first place. Why can't you just eat healthy and work out? Taking medication that you don't absolutely have to take seems kind of stupid, maybe that's just me though.

It says "scientifically reviewed" right on the side of the bottle. Just wanted to point that out.
I agree with Dave on this. I can't help but feel that people see these as a 'quick fix'. Instead of learning about healthy eating, and what is good for them, they think a pill will solve their problems.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I couldn't agree more. These people are already sustaining an unhealthy lifestyle with their eating habits, now you go make it worse with a chemically induced quick fix? How do people not see how foolish this is?

Healthy eating and exercise does the trick every time. And like Hilander mentioned, this is not the first diet pill something like this has come up. No pill in the world will help you lose weight in a healthy manner without having the requirements of healthy eating and exercise. So just skip the pill part people. Really.

Last edited: