Diet or Exercise?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Mirage, Mar 4, 2009.

?

Which do you do more?

1. Diet

5.9%
  2. Exercise

94.1%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Which would you rather do, diet or exercise? Generally you could do both, but most people lean one way over the other.

For example, if you exercise a lot you won't really need to diet. Then a lot of the diet programs out there are tailored to not be combined with exercise.

Clearly, the best way is to do both, but if you were only going to do one, which would it be?

Exercise for me. I don't want to have to worry about what I eat more than common sense portions, etc. If I want cake I'm having cake. I don't want to have to add points for it or whatever.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

No doubt that excercise is the way to go in my opinion, you can still eat what you want, I know that you have to be careful, but in my opinion it's easier the exercise way then the diet way. Diets can take so long for you to start losing weight. I love food to much to give up my favorite meals to go on diet. I also dont really believe in diets.

Vegito728 likes this.
  3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I hate dieting, so I definately go for exercise. Used to be the complete opposite though until around a year ago. If I know I'm not going to be able to get to the gym for a while then I try to eat a little better - but it requires far too much will power for my liking :-/

4. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I would go for exercise. As others have said, you have eat what you want in moderation with exercise. You can have your chocolate or cake or whatever, but with diets you can't really do that.
    Exercise can also be fun, if you find a sport/activity you enjoy. Where as diets are not fun :stare:

5. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I go for diet. I dont understand dieting as such but I do think a health balanced diet is key. We are what we eat after all.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I choose diet, but "diet" for me doesn't mean starvation or whatever they do these days with their eating habits (if they eat at all) only to lose weight. Diet for me means dietary habits in general. I just noticed that soon as I changed my eating habits and preferences (ex: not eating at any time of the day, not drinking soft drinks like it's water, not sleeping just after a meal, and taking time to eat my food and not downing them in a few seconds), I had less need for exercise to maintain my form. Yes, exercise is healthy over all but if you're mostly doing it to get rid of fat and flabs (and not really the other benefits), healthier eating is a better way to do it.

7. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I tend to eat healthy for the most part, but if I could pick one over the other, it would be exercising. I mostly hate it, but when I start getting into a groove and improving, I start loving it. I'm at the stage now where I love it, but I seem to have a lot of obstacles in being able to do it. It's annoying.

8. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

Picked exercise. There's honestly never been a point in my life where I've concerned myself on what I ate because I've always been of slender build. I've also always been involved with sports so that helped me remain slender and not gain unneccasary weight.

These days I dont participate in as many sports (outside of bowling) because work gets in the way. So i just lift weights instead to make sure I keep things where they need to be.

Vegito728 likes this.
  9. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Exercise. I eat pretty healthy anyway, as far as getting enough nutrients. i eat a little more than I should, but I get what I need. There's nothing like that feeling when you're working out regularly and you feel strong and tight; shit's not jiggling around when you walk. You can't get that from diet.

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I think both are equally important to maintaining a healthy body. Like a few people have said, I don't see dieting as starving yourself. It's more about eating healthy and getting the proper nutrients. A healthy diet can only go so far without sufficient exercise. And the same is true the other way around. If I had to pick one or the other I'd go with exercise.

Vegito728 likes this.