Didier Drogba breaks arm

Discussion in 'Football / Soccer' started by Millz, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

And now they're saying he might play in the coming friendlies and be fit for the WC.
    World Cup 2010 - Drogba hopeful over injury blow - Yahoo! Eurosport

Geez, make up your mind. :lol:

I do know that last time, the coach regretted having someone not entirely fit for the WC to join the final list instead of putting in sure fit players.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

As an Ivory Coast fan, this really sucks to hear. And I feel terrible for him if he does indeed miss the World Cup. If he does give it a go, I'd definitely take a one-armed Drogba over most other players.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

At least its the arm...there's a way he could play through it. Obviously if it was a leg that would be impossible. We'll see what happens.

5. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I doubt he will miss the World Cup, still 10 ish days to go, if he is stubborn as Rooney, he'll be fit in no time.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think he'll miss the first game but play after. I am a huge fan of Drogba, I know he's a little old compared to the young studs but he's one of the best players in the World in my opinion. This would be a huge loss for this talented Ivory Coast team.

7. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

He isn't old, this is the perfect age in the World of Football. 32 ain't old. Fabio Canavarro came runner up in the Golden Ball in 2006 and he was 32 back then. And Zidane won it, who was 33 at that time.