Did you know? CM Punk

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

So I just found out a second ago that "CM" stood for "Chicago Made" as in CM Punk.

Did anybody else know that or was I just clueless?

2. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I always thought it was Cookie Monster Punk

3. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

Figured I'd chuck out there that he has said in Interviews that it originally stood for Chick Magnet. But then he hasn't put anything special on it since then. Where did you hear that?

4. Millz

lol that's awesomes....in all seriousness I actually thought it was "Chick Magnet" but Punk was adament saying it was always Chicago Made.
    ------
    Yeah that's what I thought too! Here's what I read...

-- CM Punk was interviewed in the "[COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]Cash[/COLOR][/COLOR] For Questions" section in the latest issue of WWE Magazine One of the questions asked was, "Did The Miz steal your nickname, as in CM: Chick [COLOR=red! important][COLOR=red! important]Magnet[/COLOR][/COLOR]?" Punk responded with the following: "C'mon, why would I have such a ridiculous nickname? If you must know, CM is short for "Chicago Made" End of Story."

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

No I never knew that it stood for Chicago Made, but now that I do know it makes perfect sense.

HAHA! Chick Magnet.

6. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

Chicago made is cool. I always like people taking pride in their hometowns.

Even though I hate the Cubs (lol), I'd be proud to be from that city as well.

7. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Yeah, yeah, and a few months from now he'll be saying that it stands for "Championship Material." Once you've changed your story twice, there comes a credibility gap.

8. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

My guess is that when he created the name it was "Chicago Made." He probably switched it around to suit his current persona.

9. Millz

I don't know Punk's ROH history but maybe it was Chick Magnet to suit his heel persona or something? Or maybe not.

10. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

It was Chick Magnet like in his early early days before ROH and everything. He said since then it hasn't had a meaning.