• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Did you get the flu shot? Are you getting the flu shot?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The flu season is pretty much upon us. I was wondering if you already got your flu shot? If know are you planning to get it?

I haven't gotten a flu shot in the last couple of years, but I decided to go this year. It only took two seconds and I barely felt anything. I'm not a strong believer that these things work, but we shall see this upcoming season.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
The only shots I ever get are the ones required or highly recommended for going to certain countries, which has only been one time for me. I don't get shots regularly and have only had a few ever.

I also NEVER get sick. The last time I was legitimately sick was probably in middle school.

Wade8813

Registered Member
The Army makes me get flu shots. I figure since they're paying for it, I'm not going to complain.

Normally it doesn't hurt, but this time my arm was dead the rest of the day.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
The only time I ever got a flu shot was when I was pregnant. I'm not opposed to vaccinations in general, I just don't usually get them.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'll be getting one. I had a kidney transplant last New Year's Eve (December 31st) and my Nephrologist recommends that I wait until late November or December to get it - my immune system is still somewhat weakened.

I've been getting them for quite a few years because of being on Dialysis (my clinic gave them every year), I think they're pretty helpful.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Dan, are you still on immunosuppressants? Will you be on them permanently?

just curious from a professional standpoint.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I take two anti-rejection drugs, Prograf and Cellcept, and Predisone, a steroid. The Prednisone is a really low dose, though. The Anti-Rejection drugs I'll probably be on for the long haul; their doses vary from month to month based on a lot of lab results.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
i'm only getting one because its busts me out of class for a half hour. :D

Diederick

Registered Member
No and no. My health is good enough to suffer a regular flu every now and then and, for as far as I know, there is no evident risk of an epidemic in the Netherlands.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
The last time I've gotten a flu shot was when I was 12 years old.
So the answer is no. I don't get flu shots.