Did you get an allowance?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When you were younger did you get an allowance from your parents? If so how much money did they give you? How many times a month did you get an allowance? What did you have to do to get this allowance?

wolfheart

Registered Member
I never got an allowance as such,i would get money for doing things around the house,washing up,that kind of thing.

What i would get for it would depend on what i had done during the week,but it was normal to clear a tenner a week,plus it made me appreciate money more because i had worked for it!.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
No, my dad didnt believe in giving someone (even his own blood) money for just existing. It was one of his "lessons on life" that nothing is free and that the fruits of a hard days work will outweigh a handout any day. Soooo neither me nor my siblings got a straight up allowance.

Nowadays though he's not such a hardass and lets my younger siblings get away with general murder.

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
I only recently started getting an allowance, mainly because I'm eager McBeaver tog et a job, so, I get paid ten dollars a week to do chores without my parents telling me.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
I used to get £5 a week if I was good. If I was naughty I'd get nothing but a telling off!

I didn't get allowance until I was 12 years old. But that's because I started to do the cooking and other chores in house because both my parents would be working fulltime.

I get €5 a week.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I didnt really get an allowance. I got 10 bucks a week for lunch money and if I packed my lunch versus buying it at school then I got to keep the money, so that kinda worked as my allowance if I wanted it to.

Tainted_Glory

Not a Scientologist
I get 10 dollars a week for nothing, but it means that I don't get paid when I do yard work or something. So I do work for it, kind of. And if I need extra money, I either save up or sell off my possessions. At the moment, I have someone lined up to buy my paintball gun. Complete with accessories!

LadyPinky

scientia potestas est
Not so much a allowance as much as money for doing things around the house and such. Also as a teenager my parents always gave me money to go to the movies and such.