• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Did you ever used to...

Starfire86

Registered Member
...record songs off of the radio? I had this little yellow radio with a tape player in it, and I could turn on the radio bit and record it onto a cassette tape. I would wait all day just to hear my favorite songs!

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I tried once, but I sucked at it. I'd always get distracted and end up recording the whole cassette with announcers voices and all that jazz. I think I only tried it just that once haha.

Impact

V.I.P.
Hahaha yeah, I totally did this when I was a kid. I remember leaping across the room like an idiot to hit the record button as soon as my favourite songs came on. And you'd always have bits of the radio DJ talking on the end, or parts of other songs. Good times

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
Lol omg I used to love doing that!

I had a double cassette player aswell so I could listen to a tape and record songs from that to another one lol!

Oh to be young again!

Bliss

Sally Twit
Are you kidding? I used to love doing that. I'd make my own radio show.
I'd introduce the song, wait for it to be introduced on the real radio and then hit record.
Most kids want to be a DJ.

Merricles

Registered Member
I did this a great many times. I too would sit and wait all day. I would start it right before each song (cause you know there is that slight delay before the recording actually begins) because you would never know what the next song was.

Starfire86

Registered Member
Lol omg I used to love doing that!

I had a double cassette player aswell so I could listen to a tape and record songs from that to another one lol!

Oh to be young again!

I did eventually upgrade to a dual-cassette player, I looooooooved making mix tapes :lol:

I would get tired of waiting for my song to come on, so I'd call the radio station and pretend to be different people all requesting the same song. :rolleyes:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
haha yeah all the time. I sat by my radio for days one time to catch Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five because none of my friends would believe me about this amazing new song I'd heard, then I played it for them and they all got into hip hop and rap after that.

This song
YouTube - Grandmaster Flash The Message HQ

omg. talk about taking me back. I should have posted this one for the one song challenge day of a song that reminds you of a place. This reminds me of my old 'hood.

ATARIGUY

Beermister
Hahaha yeah, I totally did this when I was a kid. I remember leaping across the room like an idiot to hit the record button as soon as my favourite songs came on. And you'd always have bits of the radio DJ talking on the end, or parts of other songs. Good times
I hated it when the DJ started talking before the song ended.

Are you kidding? I used to love doing that. I'd make my own radio show.
I'd introduce the song, wait for it to be introduced on the real radio and then hit record.
Most kids want to be a DJ.
I did the exact same thing and record my show on audio cassette too.