• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Did the SCOTUS nullify gun laws everywhere?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The actual ruling text of the SCOTUS decision makes it clear that its "equal protection" logic would apply universally to concealed carry gun rights which already exist in a majority of states:

(1) The fundamental liberties protected by the Fourteenth Amendment's Due Process Clause extend to certain personal choices central to individual dignity and autonomy, including intimate choices defining personal identity and beliefs... When new insight reveals discord between the Constitution's central protections and a received legal stricture, a claim to liberty must be addressed. Applying these tenets, the Court has long held the right to marry is protected by the Constitution.
SCOTUS same-sex marriage decision may have just legalized the concealed carry of loaded firearms across all 50 states, nullifying gun laws everywhere

Could they possibly be right about this? I guess we will find out when the NRA files suit in a lower court. If it stands up states that don't allow conceal carry will be forced to. I'm assuming there will still be background checks even if this does stand but maybe not.

Thoughts?