did the pope just say there is no hell?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
When he first became Pope I thought I would like him, and I did, but anymore not so much. I keep wondering when the Catholics are going to force him to resign.

CubsMascot

Registered Member
To start we need to prove from the Bible itself that there is a Hell...

The best example would come from ...
Revelation 14:10-11
Verse Concepts
he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

For Pope Francis to say that there's no hell is way beyond my thinking why he would. When anyone hears the word hell where are they talking about? It has to exist. Just like when athiests hear the word God who are we talking about? He has to exist? Both are mentioned so many times in the Bible.
Some may believe that they are going to hell and just don't want hell to exist. But when you read the Bible it will tell you in black and white.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
I can give you specific scriptures but I'm not going to. And you ask why? That's not teaching anyone anything. You're right because I'm not a teacher.
For the Bible says don't call the one that leads your church father. For you know that God is the true Father. And the Catholics disobey and call the priest father. And Jesus also said do not call him teacher because you have only one teacher. And they say Pope your holiness you are our teacher. The mistake with the Pope and the Catholic church is they have have their own church. The Bible does no t say Lent, Ash Wednesday and it does not say do not eat meat on Fridays.

I'll tell you thing that it does teach.. It teaches the Kingdom of God and everlasting life and it teaches Hell the unquenchable fire.
As Cubs Mascot posted the verses they are from the bible. The Pope and the Catholic church don't use the bible enough.
In this I say do not believe one word I say but I tell you to believe in God and in his words what he says. Because Jesus says there is no one good . No not even one but my Father who is in heaven. I did not quote the Bible because I wanted you to find it.

The bible says if you seek you shall find... open your bibles and believe what it says because this is God's word.
In the last days Rome is going to be destroyed. Read the book of Revelations and read the part about the 7 hills. Also read it is many tongues and lands. The many waters, lands, and different tongues is Rome. I believe the antichrist the abomination of desolation will be the one to destroy Rome because the Pope will I am the Holiness and excellency. The antichrist which is also called the beast get that Pope, Vatican City and Rome, blow them off the map, worship the image of the beast, take the 666 on their forehead or hand for he is not the true god I am says the antichrist. It only makes sense because the pope is the only religious leader that sees him closest to God. And God will not let Rome be built again.

I encourage everyone to read the Book of Revelations and read for yourself and see with your eyes. I believe in God and what he says.
And as the bible says the truth will set you free.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Pope Francis: 'There Is No Hell'

Pure herecy if true. Don't rely on any man for truth. Read the bible yourself and make up your own mind.
There are some who believe as the pope supposedly said—that hell being “the second death” means an actual cessation/termination of your soul. I’m not sure what Bible they are reading to come to that conclusion, however... If you believe the Bible is true, then you should also believe there is a hell, because it is definitely in there.

Sian

Registered Member
Some are saying that Francis was not speaking in an 'official' capacity but to me that doesn't matter. He is supposed to uphold Christianity and he didn't. If he did say there is no hell it was like committing treason.