• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Did The Miz want it more?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
When Miz and Morrison split up, I think it's pretty safe to say that everyone thought Morrison would become World Champion before The Miz. Well, that didn't happen.

My question to you guys is this. Do you believe The Miz wanted it more? I know we don't know for sure because we don't see what goes on in the back and who has the better work ethic, but I believe it's still a fun little topic.

Look at some things first.

Both have the look, but I think Morrison has the better look between the two, but it's pretty close. The Miz is by far the better guy on the Microphone, but I doubt his stick work is what eventually led him to the top before JoMo.

One more thing to add. Tons of people were saying that Morrison was the next HBK, and he's shown some HBK in some of his matches.

What are your thoughts?

viLky

ykLiv
This topic really makes me want to be a fly on the wall backstage. I want to know how both Miz and Morrison act around Vince, Triple H and anybody else who has any say. I want to know who the biggest ass kisser backstage is and to see if that played a role in who got to get further in the business. 'Cuz you're right, most of us thought Morrison would get further up the ranks than The Miz, but that wasn't so. To me, it had to be how they acted backstage around the "bosses".

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Miz lived, breathed and pooped WWE ever since the beginning of his career as the host of SD. Ever since the split, Miz has impressed me more. While JoMo may have the moves, he does not have the charisma. He comes off as flat, to me. Miz pushed himself out there more to Vince and Hunter and was rewarded more for it.

Plus JoMo has a really cold shoulder and is not afraid to show it.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Honestly in asking about the whole "wanting it" thing, of course they both wanted it. I think both guys worked equally as hard at it, just that Miz was given more opportunity than Morrison was.

Morrison will get there. Can you honestly look at his in-ring ability, especially his amped-up "par cour" stuff in recent months, and say that he doesn't "want it?"

I'm sure that right now since Miz was given more opportunity and there's a controversy about Morrison from WM, people will be inclined to say that Miz has been better all these years.

I think that both guys have put forth the effort, and both deserve to be in the main event.

As Bizz said in the OP, there's no way for us to know about effort and backstage politics for sure. I think that Morrison's shape, in-ring ability (with which he goes the extra mile during his matches), and time in the business shows that he "wants it." Miz does seem to have more of that "overall" appeal, so it's understandable that he got to the title when he did.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Miz is better on the mic and he has ties with social media and is popular outside of the WWE and all that jazz and that's why he's been given the better push IMO.

Morrison is the better wrestler and IMO is more entertaining in that regard.

But I don't think McMahon believes in Morrison...I think it's obvious he has a crush on Miz. I think it just comes down to Vince thinking Miz will make him more money.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I think KSF hit the nail on the head.

Miz basically sky rocketed after he split from JoMo. He has the charisma, the mic skills and the whole 9 yards. I think he's one of the hardest working guys on the roster right now. I dunno if anyone saw his appearance on Conan, but he looks like a genuinely nice guy outta the ring. My respect for him went up more than a few notches after I saw him take that nasty bump to the head at WrestleMania.

Even though JoMo has the better moves, he lacks the charisma. Plus, he's a douchebag who has an attitude problem, so that probably explains why he's still a mid-carder.