Did Gaborik deserve it?

Discussion in 'Hockey' started by Millz, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

See this highlight:

YouTube - Marian Gaborik vs. Daniel Carcillo

Daniel Carcillo of the Flyers (goon) fights Marian Gaborik (star sniper) of the Rangers. There was a scrum in front of the net and Carcillo pulls Gabby away from the fray. Gaborik then throws down his gloves and needless to say gets his ass handed to him. Please no attention to the ridiculously biased Ranger announcers.

On another board a Rangers fan is pretty livid about it but I tend to think its Gaborik's own fault for dropping his gloves.

Thoughts?

2. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

You have to laugh at Carcillo after the fight looking up at the Linesmen and sorta shrugging like "What the fuck just happened?" :hah:

Thats the kind of fighting I love, its unfortunate Gabby got his ass handed to him and never really accomplished anything other than a pussified face wash in the beginning... but all in all thats the kind of fights I like to see. A scrum in front of the net and players standing up for their Goaltender. A fight of pure emotion and no thinking just fight or flight.

I'll bet you Gabby didnt even know he was fucking with Carcillo to be honest. He was just up against the boards with someone who wouldnt stop pushing back. That kinda thing drives a guy nuts. In his right mind, I'm sure Gaborik would have never dropped the gloves against a guy like Him, but hey.... this is hockey, if you cant take the heat, get off the ice.

3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I don't watch much hockey, but I did see the highlights of this last night. If Gaborik isn't a fighter then it's his own fault for dropping his gloves. I didn't see anyone on his team coming to help him out either.

4. icegoat63

hahaha now THAT would have been a real good fight. Bettman however would have nailed the Flyers and Rags to the cross though if a 3rd man came in. Beings that it was Gabby throwing down in the first place that would have had potential to be a Line Brawl if Carcillo really pushed hard enough.

But I honestly dont think Carcillo knew what was going on. That look of sheer bafflement on his face after he realized he beat up a powder puff like Gaborik was classic :hah: If that were someone like Avery or Colton Orr that he had fought with, it woulda been alot more vicious.

5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

It was weird that nobody on the Rangers helped Gabby at first...he's your star player...look out for him!

This first one is from a Philly blog so be warned haha

And more...

6. icegoat63

I honestly dont think its that weird. Buttman has the NHL players on lockdown so hard because of his Instigation Suspension Threats that I dont blame any of the Rag Skaters for not immediately coming to Gaboriks aid.

Tortarella can just stfu, I dont get his "theres no honor" comment. Because wheres the honor in letting a pipsqueak like Gaborik face wash you and not pay the piper for actions like that. He got what he deserved, to me the situation was handled like it should have been. I say good job to everyone except Tortarella.

I did however laugh at the Box Score though... Gaborik managed to get back on the score sheet in an area that doesn't surprise me; 2nd period 19:01 Slashing M. Gaborik :hah: Go figure, a Euro slashing? I woulda never guessed it hahahaha.

7. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

First off like Ice mentioned, Gaborik probably didn't know it was Carcillo, if you see his helmet his covering his eyes so he probably didn't know who he was fighting, it just got heated so he dropped his gloves.

If I was a Rangers player I would of jumped in there right away, I don't care if you get suspended, your best player isn't suppose to fight and imagine if he got hurt that wouldn't be to good for this team.

It was just in the heat of the moment, but I agree why Torts was angry and was yelling at Laviolette afterwards, he has to protect his star player.