Did Bush lie or is Mission Accomplished in Iraq?

Did Bush lie or is Mission Accomplished in Iraq?

• Bush Lied

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mission is accomplished in Iraq

• Well you know it's kinda like... these liberals...

• Total voters

Gavik

Registered Member
Well, it's been 1400+ days since then, and if it wasn't accomplished, congress and the media, actually people in general, would be outraged. Wait a second...

Also, liberals hate the courageous men and women who have volunteered to dedicate their lives to protecting America because they don't agree with Bush.

L

LS1nut

Also, liberals hate the courageous men and women who have volunteered to dedicate their lives to protecting America because they don't agree with Bush.
well, kind of.

liberals change their tune on whether or not they hate those people depending on if it will help them gain power.

thats why people like John Kerry voted for the war before they voted against it.

:lol:

Gavik

Registered Member
well, kind of.

liberals change their tune on whether or not they hate those people depending on if it will help them gain power.

thats why people like John Kerry voted for the war before they voted against it.

:lol:
So there's no difference between a war's motives and a war's soldiers?

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
I'm going to have to agree with CMK on this one.

The actuall invasion and removing Saddam and his regime from power went off without much of a hitch. Saddam has been tried and hung, as well with his partners. In that respect the war has been won.

Now what we have on our hands now with the occupation of Iraq, I feel falls more or less under the War on Terror or you could look at as peace-keeping operation.

But as far as the intial war with Iraq (Saddam's Iraq) that part of the battle has been won.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
If we went to war in Iraq to fight terrorism, then we failed utterly at our ill-contrived mission. Going to war with Iraq only worsened the terrorist threat to America by giving them another place to dwell, and also by increasing the degree of anti-American sentiment around the world. This doesn't mean that Bush lied per se, but his administration made an obvious and not-so-subtle attempt to push the outlandish notion that a war with Iraq had something to do with fighting terrorists.

That said, I think Bush probably honestly believed his rhetoric as he didn't appear to have a solid understanding of the nation of Iraq prior to the invasion. Had he of studied up on the region, he would have been able to predict the outcome that we are now facing. I can't forget a sociology professor who's class I was taking at the time mentioning that Iraq was composed of three factions who were only being kept from a civil war by Saddam. Our nation was unprepared for what we now face, not because Bush outright lied, but because he failed to do his homework.

L

LS1nut

So there's no difference between a war's motives and a war's soldiers?

you should ask John Kerry.

Does the question 'did Bush lie?' really need to be asked anymore?

clearly.

we have a congress that could easily show America he lied by impeaching him.

said congress knows they have been completely full of shat and had to put forth that false battle cry in order to gain power.

if they tried to impeach Bush, they would have to go back and impeach Clin.....oh wait, hes already been impeached.

my bad!!

Gavik

Registered Member
you should ask John Kerry.
And I would do that why?

clearly.

we have a congress that could easily show America he lied by impeaching him.

said congress knows they have been completely full of shat and had to put forth that false battle cry in order to gain power.

if they tried to impeach Bush, they would have to go back and impeach Clin.....oh wait, hes already been impeached.

my bad!!

If Clinton tried to pull even 1% of the shit Bush does on a regular basis he'd be impeached.