• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Diaz traded to Canucks for weise

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
“@Dr_Habs: Raphael Diaz traded to the Canucks in exchange for Dale Weise. #habsnews http://sbn.to/MSCa7B

Thoughts

TORHABSFAN

lol Just what the Habs needed to turn things around. a 4th line punching bag! Bergevin you are fucking garbage. Can't wait to hear this clown talk about charecter for an hour.

StroShow

V.I.P.
Diaz as been a healthy scratch for 8 straight games now, the guy had no value whatsoever. I don't see how Bergevin is garbage for making this trade? What were you expecting to get for him?

TORHABSFAN

The reason why I call bergevin garbage is not because of this trade. It's his work as a whole. now we sit here sliding down the standing and we have all heard rumors of trades involving the Habs. And after all the Hype this is what we get. a 4th line punching bag?

I have no problem trading Diaz. losing him is not the issue. The issue is I am STILL waiting for Bergeving to do SOMETHING to make this team better.

StroShow

V.I.P.
When was the last significant trade that actually helped a team?!? I would say it's Jeff Carter being traded to the Kings. They just don't happen overnight. And all the Habs insiders on twitter should be completely ignored.

TORHABSFAN

Trades happen that help teams all the time. And The habs trade Buzz over the last 2 weeks extended far beyond the twitter insiders.

StroShow

V.I.P.
TORHABSFAN said:
Trades happen that help teams all the time. And The habs trade Buzz over the last 2 weeks extended far beyond the twitter insiders.
Mind naming a few that actually impacted their teams? I can recall JVR and Carter but that's about it, and the JVR trade was absolutely moronic. Montreal is involved in a different trade basically everyday, and it's kinda obvious Bergevin would be looking for a top 6 forward.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
Diaz wants 3.5 million a year.

He's been sitting for the last 8 games. Nathan has come up and has played leaps and bounds over Diaz. Murray actually looks not half bad along side Nathan.

Do you want to keep Diaz, sign him for 3.5 and then lose Subban because of cap restraints? This frees up a good portion of cash and allows Nathan/Jared to play with their entry level contracts AND sign Subban to a long term deal.

What kind of return do you want from Diaz? He's a UFA that has proved absolutely nothing. He had a half decent season last year when the Habs for whatever reason were playing good without Subban.

...and this is not the end to moves that this team needs to make and will make before March 5th.

StroShow

V.I.P.
Couldn't of said it any better bud. Might as well comment on the trade. Never cared for Diaz. Had high hopes when he first started..seemed like he was going to be a good PP quarterback but he proved me wrong by playing like garbage. No expectations for Weise...a big body who can score a bit might be profitable to their lineup. Will see.