Diamond Dallas Page

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Millz, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Any DDP fans out there? He was a huge face for the WCW back in the attitude days but McMahon pretty much buried him when he came into the WWE. He was a World Champ in WCW and I think European title was the best he got in the WWE.

He might have been as over with the crowd as anybody in WCW. I, for one, think he was underrated.

2. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

He was great back in WCW. An excellent face that I think was used really well to represent WCW during the nWo feuds...I also enjoyed one of his later heel stints with the company, being a member of the 'Jersey Triad' with Bam Bam Bigelow and Kanyon. Good stuff.

Babe_Ruth likes this.
  3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Huge DDP fan right here, he was one of my favorite wrestlers in WCW, and I love the whole angle that he was the one who brought Goldberg to WCW.

I didn't like the whole angle with him stalking the Undertaker's wife, but when he removed that ski mask he got a huge pop. I think he had the chance to become a huge star in the WWF, but McMahon ruined it all in my opinion, and it's a shame since he had the ring skills and the microphone skills.

4. Millz

I re-watched some stuff on the Taker/DDP feud and I didnt think it was that bad. In fact, I thought DDP was an excellent stalker in that feud. All that stuff where he was waiting in the area for Taker and the brawl that followed. His pop was HUGE when he was revealed. They dropped the ball.

5. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

It's not that they dropped the ball, I think Vince felt he was used up pretty much...there was just too much focus on the younger talent at the time...Cena, Orton, Edge...

Babe_Ruth likes this.
  6. Millz

Really? Because Orton and Cena hadn't even debuted yet. They debuted in 2002 and the DDP/Taker storyline was at the 2001 King of the Ring.

Babe_Ruth likes this.
  7. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I was (still am a huge DDP fan) when I here the "Smells Like teen Spirit" I think of DDP. My most Memorable match when he was in the WWE was with Christian at Wrestlemania for the European Title. I wish his run in the WWE would have been better though. His WCW days were awesome...especially when he was the man who was seemed to go against NWO when Sting wasn't around.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  8. Konshentz

Konshentz Konshentz

Bahaha.

DDP was awesome in WCW, one of my favorites. I loved his intro. It does suck that he never got the right push in the WWE and now he is too old to come back. I would at least like to see him host Raw or something. Probably unlikely though.