• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Diablo III

What character class will you pick first?

• Barbarian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wizard

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Monk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Witch Doctor

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Demon Hunter

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I just shat my pants when I realized we didn't have a Diablo III thread yet.

Simply put, this game is fucking incredible. I got to play in the beta and it looks like those sleepless nights of dungeon grinding from Diablo II are going to return. They've added a ton of great features and the character classes are a ton of fun to play.

Anyone else picking up a copy? Also, what character do you plan to play and why?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
When I can, I will get a copy. I had a go in the beta, and I really like the fact that you're not locked into your skill choices; that was always one of the downsides to Diablo II, once you chose your skills, until they added the skill/stat point reset option, there was no way to change it if you discovered your current build was shit. Also like the new ways mana works now.

As for what class I'll be playing, I'll be making at least one monk character, as I prefer the monk's energy system to the barbarian's rage system.

ChaosHerald

Registered Member
I will definetly get a copy ASAP. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to play it in the beta phase, but just the vidoes and trailers make me drool. :D dungeon crawling has returned! I really loved Diablo II and this just seems to be its next generation!
As for classes, I will most probably start with a Wizard. I don't know why, but the flashy spells and insane damage of mage characters fascinates me in RPGs.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The Wizard, to me, was a fucking beast in the beta. I could wipe out whole rooms with little effort and there's a spell for every occasion.

tlittle1982

Registered Member
Tonights the night I will be going to gamestop with my boyfriend and waiting in line with him for however many hours only for him to crack out on the computer for the next week or more! haha. I better feed him, he may starve if I dont.... hahaahaha. No, butt really im excited for him!

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm picking mine up at midnight but I won't be playing until tomorrow afternoon.

Longest day ever? Probably.

tlittle1982

Registered Member
Man that stinks but you do have something to look foward to! My bf switched work days so he could play all night. It went well last night, there werent as many people at the gamestop as we thought there would be but there was still quite the line. We were first in line! Out by 12:01, haha

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I finally got my copy today and I'm installing now that I'm out of work. Although, judging by the server issues from earlier today, it doesn't seem like I missed much of an opportunity to play.

BigBob

Registered Member
I think it's hilarious. I've got a couple of buddies who've taken a few days off of work this week so that they can stay up and play it and now they can't because of the server issues.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Servers have been up and running just fine for a couple of hours.

I'm seriously wondering what people expected. You can't just launch a game like this without a hitch, there's going to be downtime and updates. People are being way too pissy about it. In other news, the game is fucking awesome.