DH-rule silliness

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Millz, May 17, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

Now that's a weird situation to say the least.

The DH rule is a joke but the Players' Union would never stand for it being dropped, But in this case, its not the rule's fault but Maddon's for filling out the card incorrectly.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I personally am a fan of the DH Rule, I wish both leagues adapted the rule. There's no way it's going to be dropped anytime soon.

Maddon should pay better attention, that's all.

3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I hate the DH rule, it should be done away with. And yeah, Maddon messed up and needs to pay better attention.

4. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

I'm not a huge fan of the DH rule, but I'm not totally against it either. I actually like the fact that there are two leagues with different rules on that, gives us a chance to see a little bit of both. The thing I don't understand is they say the DH rule more tahn anything else is there to protect the American League pitchers, yet their ERA's are so much higher typically.

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'd rather see a DH rule than have pitchers bat. To me, it just welcomes more hitting (which equals more dollars for teams!) and saves pitchers from injuries outside of roles they don't need to play.