TV Dexter (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by NINnerd, Apr 29, 2009.

1. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

Anyone else a Dexter fan? I am (I used to have a Dexter avatar and signature). :)

Spoilers ahead!!

Anyone else kinda upset they killed Doakes off in the 2nd season? I am a bit because I really liked the play between Doakes and Dexter. It was really hilarious at times.

I can't wait for season 4!

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I love Dexter. It's one of my favorite shows. I can't wait to see his baby born.

And yes, I loved Doakes and was disappointed that he was killed.

3. NINnerd

NINnerd Survived a M&G with Trent

I can't wait for his baby, too. :D

About Daokes - I know! I think they should've maybe kept that going for a bit longer. Or saved the season two story line with him for a later season. I miss that actor!

Hey, did you notice that they hired a new kid actor to play Cody? I kinda thought something was different about him during the end of season three, but I didn't think much of it. Then I read on IMDB that it's a different actor. Haha.

4. AnitaKnapp

LOL

No, I didn't notice at all. I bet it will be noticeable if I have a Dexter marathon and watch them all back to back. Normally I do notice those things, so I'm a little surprised.

5. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I loved the first season, but they haven't got around to showing any of the other seasons here yet... And I didn't realise there was a 3rd...Damn I'm behind

6. Harmony

Harmony Registered Member

I'm a huge Dexter fan! Just got through rewatching the 3 seasons, and I can't wait for the 4th.
    I'm also a bit disappointed that Doakes is gone. He was such a fun character, although did any one notice how much of a lady's face he had? Maybe it's just me.

7. AnitaKnapp

Haha. I didn't think he had a lady's face...I always thought he looked manly.

8. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Honestly, I find it weird that they changed how things went down in the initial series compared to Darkly Dreaming Dexter.

In the end of that book, LaGuerta is murdered by Dexter's brother, who escapes. Through the scene, Deborah realises what Dexter is, but keeps it quiet. She also becomes a sergeant. Finally, Doakes decides that Dexter had something to do with LaGuerta's death and makes it clear he's going to keep a closer eye on him.

9. Harmony

Harmony Registered Member

Haha, I don't mean it in a bad way. He's got a cute wee nose and lips though.

10. AnitaKnapp

I have wanted to read the series. Does anyone know who authors it?