• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Dexter series

Konshentz

Konshentz
I've been thinking about buying these books recently. Seeing as I am currently making my way through the show, I might as well make my way through the books. It doesn't hurt that they are pretty cheap over at Amazon.

Who has read them? How many of them have you read? What did you think?

Impact

V.I.P.
I've been wanting to pick them up too. I love the show, so surely i'll love the books? I'm just hoping they haven't remained to close to the books with the show, so there is some element of surprise when i'm reading them.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I think the first season & first book are pretty similar and then after that they go their separate ways (with the show taking little things here & there from the books) But I could be wrong.

Impact

V.I.P.
So it's like two separate Dexter story lines? That would be awesome.

Last edited:

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I have the first 3 in one big omnibus but I confess that I've only actually read the first one. The first one is similar to season 1 although there are a few major differences.

The ice truck killer or (Taimiami butcher in the book) is an identical twin of Dex in the book, not an older brother. The brother doesnt get romantically envolved with Deb and escapes at the end. Deb finds out that Dex is a killer and Laguerta dies.

I know the jist of the other books and they do differ significantly to the tv series (Which I am fully up to date with :lol:)

Reactions: Doc

Impact

V.I.P.
I just started the first book, so far it's pretty similar to the first series. I don't want to click Alt's spoiler in case I ruin the ending haha

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I just started the first book, so far it's pretty similar to the first series. I don't want to click Alt's spoiler in case I ruin the ending haha
Definitely do NOT click my spoiler. Was it you who watched that trailer for season 5 I posted and it ruined the ending of season 4 for you?

Impact

V.I.P.
Definitely do NOT click my spoiler. Was it you who watched that trailer for season 5 I posted and it ruined the ending of season 4 for you?
Yes that was me! Although, by the time I got around to watching S4, i'd completely forgotten so it was still a surprise. All caught up now though. There is going to be a Season 6, right? I'll be gutted if they cancel it.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
There is a 6th season coming. I hope they take it down a different route with this one. I found season 5 interesting but overall quite weak compared to some of the others. I think maybe they should start to have an end game in mind. Aim towards a story finale rather than constantly expanding it.

Impact

V.I.P.
There is a 6th season coming. I hope they take it down a different route with this one. I found season 5 interesting but overall quite weak compared to some of the others. I think maybe they should start to have an end game in mind. Aim towards a story finale rather than constantly expanding it.
I agree that S5 wasn't as good.

Teaming Dexter up with someone just didn't work for me.

And you're probably right. I'd rather they did an amazing last season, rather than slowly killing it with multiple seasons.