• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV Dexter: Series Finale w/Spoilers

Konshentz

Konshentz
Well...........

What the fuck was that nonsense?

Yikes.

Just like the rest of this final season... it was all over the place, full of holes and just plain stupid.

I have to admit, that tainted the entire series for me. EASILY one of the worst final seasons I've ever seen. And a pretty bad series finale on top of that. The shit that kills me though, is that they've been planning this ending for two friggin' years.

I laughed when I saw him drive into a hurricane. I didn't expect it to get even more hilarious when he shows back up as a mountain man.

And that final moment, where he stares into the camera? LAME.

I'm not sure I've ever been more disappointed in a TV show in my entire life.

Gross.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Well...........
Well is right. I don't really know what to think right now. I'm definitely sad that it's over, and kind of disappointed with how the series ended, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I hated it.

I guess I'm sad for Dexter. He finally learned what it felt like to be human, only to find that he hated it. So then he kills his sister, abandons his son, gives up a happy future with his girlfriend, and starts a new life as the same old Dexter somewhere in the Pacific northwest? Just a sad and dark way to end the series.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I really wanted the final season to be where Dexter is found out and goes on the run. A great game of cat n' mouse with Quinn & Batista. After the very first episode, that's what I thought the final season would/should be.

I just read what the showrunner from seasons 1-4 (man, I wish he never left) wanted the ending to be.

"In the very last scene of the series," Philips explained, "Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery.

"And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.

"That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion."
To me, that's a MUCH better ending.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I have to say I certainly wanted more. They had 11 episodes to get to this point, but they rushed it. I wanted an explosive ending. I liked the parts with Deb, but I don't think she should have died. I am sure Hannah is pissed she has been left to raise someone else's kid on her own.

Dexter should have died and the truth should have come out.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Hurricane or not, it was completely ridiculous that Dexter was able to walk right out of the hospital with a dead Deb.

I want to know who took over the writing duties this season. It can't be the same people that wrote anything in the first 5-6 seasons. Jesus. Some of the stuff they came up with should be on a sitcom, not an hour long drama about a serial killer.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I know what you mean. I felt like I was watching something else at times. I won't ever watch that season again.

Iris

rainbow 11!
yeah, i was very emotional over this episode, but it was shit. i did like the end scene, but it shouldn't have been the ending scene. i like how he looks into the camera, it's usually when you hear his thoughts but this time it was silence. shows how detached he is from everyone, including the viewers.

wtf man. deb is dead. dexter is thought to be dead. harrison is missing. why the fuck wasn't anyone looking for him. so many plot holes this season. really disappointed.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
They should have shown his dad standing behind him in that last scene or something.

I agree with you guys that the ending could have been a lot better. This last season had really sloppy writing.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I agree, I think Harry should've been there with him. I didn't like how they wrote him out. I would've really liked to see his thoughts on all the Deb stuff that went down in that final episode.

I was thinking back on the series as a whole, and I really think the storyline for the second season could've worked well as the final season. The FBI coming to Miami to hunt down the Bay Harbor Butcher. Better than that Vogel/Brain Surgeon nonsense.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I did like Saxon's character and think it would have been better if he came in to it much earlier. The way he got killed was just so sloppy and quick. That is what I feel had to be rushed because they took too long with the build up.

I think it would have been exciting if everyone knew the truth and were trying to hunt him down. I also don't think Deb should have died. Would have been nice if her and Quinn had a happy ending.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Major Movies & TV 4
Bliss Movies & TV 4
Iris Movies & TV 3
Konshentz Movies & TV 2
Konshentz Reading 20