Devin Hester

Discussion in 'NFL' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This guy is a machine, he has 5 kick return touchdowns and has 6 career punt return touchdowns in 28 career games. I still don't understand why teams kick to this guy. For example yesterday during the Broncos game, the kicker said that he's not afraid to kick to Hester, well hopefully he changed his mind after yesterdays game. I just love watching this guy, he's so exciting and amazing.

2. njbroncsfan

njbroncsfan Registered Member

Don't remind me.

If there were still an FnC section I would have already cursed that ******* off.

3. Versified

Versified Guest

Greatest KR to ever live, period. And probably one of the most dangerous players period. Every time the ball is in his hands, people are scared and I'm excited. I love it.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree, I am just hoping that he doesn't turn out like the X Factor Dante Hall in a couple of seasons. I remember a couple years ago Dante Hall was the best kick returner of all time, and now we barely hear about him, especially since he joined the Rams.

I also think that the Bears should use him more as a Wide receiver, he could be a Santana Moss type of receiver.

5. Versified

Versified Guest

Agreed, hit Hester on a screen pass with blocking, or reverse, no one will catch him cause from there it's pretty much a KR with less people. They hit him with one deep pass for a td, and he burnt the guy. I don't see him fading like Dante Hall, cause Hall had one big season, he was great, still is decent, but Hester is consistent. Every time he gets the ball something happens.

6. The_Show_Stopper

The_Show_Stopper Registered Member

Devin Hester is perhaps the most exciting player in the game today. Congrats to him.

7. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Its funny Ted Ginn has ran back atleast 3 or 4 returns for TDs, but all but 1 of them were call back for penalties. Not saying Ginn's better just stating reason why the Dolphins suck.

Back to Hester the quickest most elusive returner the NFL has ever seen, problably but he cant be given all the credit(most) special teams is a big part of his success.

8. Versified

Versified Guest

I don't know about that. Because they've had the same special teams essentially for years past, and this hasn't happened. Hester appears and they blow up. Hester did the same thing in college. He turned an average Special Teams unit and made them look gold. Don't get me wrong, he doesn't do ALL of it, but the special teams really shouldn't even be mentioned outside of Hester, because he would do it on any team imo.

9. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

I know what you mean because Hester was doing these same things in college playing for the Canes, but if you look at the tape special teams have set him up with great running lanes in alot of his run backs.

10. Rise Up! (Witness™)

Rise Up! (Witness™) Registered Member

Michael Jordan, I was just going to make a thread about Devin, seriously, lol.

Devin Hester has the natural athleticism that most people don't have. You can't coach natural ability and athleticism.

He has an amazing ability to visulize a hole opening up in the defense. Once he sees a slight hole, he explodes through it with such acceleration that hardly anyone can run him down. When he gets in the open field, you might as well put 6 points on the board because he is so fast, he can run by almost everyone in this league.

Devin will have a great career in the NFL if he stays healthy and takes care of his body(which he's doing a good job of), and he doesn't get into any trouble with the law, (which those Miami Hurricanes seem to do).