• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PlayStation 2 Devil May Cry or Metal Gear Solid

Greywolf

Registered Member
Ok, out of all the play station games, the devil may cry and metal gear solid franchises have always kicked HARD ass. And I've always thought which one was better. Wich one is better, DMC or MGS?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
DMC.

Metal Gear was always way too boring and up it's own ass for my tastes.

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
metal gear soild, its gampeplay is pretty great and the storyline is stellar.

these are two totally different types of games though, kinda like apples and oranges

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Yeah they are.

But I can't help but like Devil May Cry more. It's just a lot more engaging to me.

Obdurate

Registered Member
DMC.

Metal Gear was always way too boring and up it's own ass for my tastes.
lol What? It's cool that you prefer DMC -- so I'm not trying to change your mind -- but how is MG up its own ass? It's epic in scope, for sure, kind of indulgent but it clearly doesn't take itself completely serious.

But yeah, Metal Gear for sure. My favourite series ever, used to watch my bro play Metal Gear, but I didn't really start playing it myself until Metal Gear Solid, when I was old enough to know what was really going on.

It has the best video game character ever, an engaging story with something to say, humour, great gameplay (though MGS is a little dated now, unfortunately, but it still has the second best plot out of them and some awesome scenes), emotion, and it's one of -- if not the best -- case for video games being art, which is funny cuz Kojima doesn't believe games are art. MGS4 is a tour de force, even if there are a lot of cut scenes.

But DMC is a pretty tasty apple, as well.

Atreyu

#2 New Zealander
Devil may cry X10 such an awesome game

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It has the best video game character ever, an engaging story with something to say, humour, great gameplay (though MGS is a little dated now, unfortunately, but it still has the second best plot out of them and some awesome scenes), emotion, and it's one of -- if not the best -- case for video games being art, which is funny cuz Kojima doesn't believe games are art. MGS4 is a tour de force, even if there are a lot of cut scenes.
It's preachy, boring, and uninteresting, but that's just me. There's also no way in hell Snake is the best character in gaming. What has he honestly done to earn that title outside of creeping around in a cardboard box and smoking cigarettes?

Mr_Sausage

Definitely MGS. The story line is amazing and so in-depth! I thought I was gonna cry at the wedding in MGS4 lol.
I struggle to see why most people seem to hate Raiden so much. He was pretty cool, and Ninja Raiden was awesome! I love the fight he has with Vamp & the Metal Gears. It was awesome!