Deus Ex 3

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Nevyrmoore, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

YouTube - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Reveal Trailer

So, my thoughts when watching this?

"Okay, don't get excited, it's only a teaser trailer, there's no gameplay yet. Wait until you see some before getting your hopes OH HOLY SHIT FUCK YEAH!"

I am seriously hoping this is a acceptable successor to the original Deus Ex. Alternatively, simply a good game. Here's what we know thus far;

So, it sounds pretty good. I'm a bit on the fence in regard to the health system though. Because the previous games used medpacks you had to use to recover, you generally had to fight smarter. With DE3, I'm slightly worried that doesn't matter so much. But on the other hand, scrounging for medpacks when out was annoying and time consuming.

I guess we have to wait until E3 to find out exactly how it plays. Anyone else looking forward to it?

2. Poetosis

Poetosis Registered Member

The original Deus Ex is probably one of the most defining RPG games of recent history, and a tough act that a lot of companies are trying hard to follow.

Regenerating health does sound rather blasphemous but, in this current age of gaming, it seems to be a necessity for gamers (not sure whether that is a good or bad thing for myself). There also will not be the same focus on stat points as the original in the new game either, which is a bit of a shame.

I still do not know what to expect, but if they pull of a Mass-Effect-like experience, then it could make for a very intriguing game.

3. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

4. Mihael_langley

Mihael_langley Formerly "Maikeru"

It looks very good, its on my must buy list.

It looks so good in fact that Square-enix has made that game engine their official one, called Luminous.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  5. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I hope it's more of the same of Deus Ex (1). I really enjoyed that game and had a blast exploring. The only thing that could make it better is if was tuned into a fully sandbox game where you can go miles upon miles instead of a few blocks and be halted by a wall until later missions. Having a Deus Ex game with a dash of Grand Theft Auto would be a winning combo in my book.

Thanks for the links, too~