• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Details on Mitt's tax plan

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
For a detailed explanation of how the Romney-Ryan tax plan is able to cut taxes by $5 trillion without exploding the deficit or requiring tax hikes on the middle class. Read More Here
Here's all the details you'll ever get on how Mitt's tax plan is going to be implemented.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Something like this belongs in subtalk.

In actuallity his tax plan MAY not cost anyone anything, the projection that Obama is using is an old projection and is based on everything else being equal. The idea is that fewer taxes paid means more discretionary income for the average consumer resulting in more consumer spending. More consumer spending should result in more money flowing through the economy resulting in more jobs. More jobs results in more taxpayers paying into the system and less government benefits paid such as unemployment benefits. The notion that a tax cut results in less federal revenue shows a lack of understanding how federal revenue is accumulated, and well, basic math.

As a sidenote, I love how many want to attack Mitt for his plan which hasn't been implemented yet don't attack Obama's plan the last four years that HAS been implemented and failed, miserably.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes I agree Obama could of done better but Mitt is so vague about what he is going to do I have to wonder if he even knows.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
He's not vague at all, he's explained exactly what he intends to cut, and one of those things is cutting the corporate tax rate which Obama said in the last debate he agrees with it, that we have one of the highest corporate tax rates. Yet he's had four years to cut it and hasn't done so. Romney is only vague to those who look at an old projection.

And saying Obama could have done better is putting it lightly. I'm not sure he could have done worse.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I think Romney's tax plan is great. He did a fantastic job of laying it out on the debate a few nights ago. If you look at what he said people in the middle and upper class will not be directly affected. Poor people who generally don't have deductions anyway will see a decrease in taxes.

Most importantly the guy that hires you will see a reduction in payroll taxes. That means your raise next year will be more or your employer can hire your neighbor that's been out of work for 2 years. Romney's plan encourages employers to hire more people.

I can't understand how his plan could possibly costs $5T. That's a foolish estimate. Yes some employers will take that payroll reduction and buy themselves a new boat or remodel their kitchen but most of those employees will reinvest it in their company. Which simply means more employees.

Its a great tax plan. Its a tax plan for the times we live in.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I think Romney's tax plan is great. He did a fantastic job of laying it out on the debate a few nights ago. If you look at what he said people in the middle and upper class will not be directly affected. Poor people who generally don't have deductions anyway will see a decrease in taxes.

Most importantly the guy that hires you will see a reduction in payroll taxes. That means your raise next year will be more or your employer can hire your neighbor that's been out of work for 2 years. Romney's plan encourages employers to hire more people.

I can't understand how his plan could possibly costs $5T. That's a foolish estimate. Yes some employers will take that payroll reduction and buy themselves a new boat or remodel their kitchen but most of those employees will reinvest it in their company. Which simply means more employees.

Its a great tax plan. Its a tax plan for the times we live in.
The problem is people see cuts in taxes and automatically assume less federal revenue. Those are people who cannot see past Stage One and Obama keeps repeating that line in the debates because they are millions of people like that. You see the consequences of such a plan and outline probable outcomes, many just see less taxes means less revenue. His tax plan is actually pretty specific. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't have a crystal ball and a myriad of things can happen that could affect our economy, but his plan is the most probable outcome. We know the outcome of Obama's plans already.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Yes this should be in sub-talk

The person responsible for the study quoted by øbama using the 5 trillion $ said his study is being misrepresented.

But lets face it, misrepresenting Romney is all they have left. Anyone who hasn't been living in an øbama induced rapture for the last four years can see what is happening to our economy.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
The problem is people see cuts in taxes and automatically assume less federal revenue. Those are people who cannot see past Stage One and Obama keeps repeating that line in the debates because they are millions of people like that. You see the consequences of such a plan and outline probable outcomes, many just see less taxes means less revenue. His tax plan is actually pretty specific. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't have a crystal ball and a myriad of things can happen that could affect our economy, but his plan is the most probable outcome. We know the outcome of Obama's plans already.
Maybe Romney hasn't explained it well or maybe some people are so thick they will never get it. Every person that we take off welfare, unemployment, food stamps and/or Medicaid equals less money we have to spend.

Obama had an idea. His idea was to inject $1T into the economy on shovel ready government jobs and that was going to turn it around. He even made a nice chart detailing the plan:
It didn't work. By their definition it was a miserable failure. By their definition, it made things worse.

If Obama has a better plan then he should lay it on the table.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I agree, most are too thick to get it. And Obama doesn't have a plan, that's why all his arguments are ad hominem...war on women, he's for the rich, more and more divisive rhetoric.