• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Destroying notes

Lemonv1

Registered Member
Ignoring any legal issues, and remembering I'm from England [so £ not $]

Say I developed a fascination with burning/destroying notes.

• What effect would destroying one or two have versus doing it to many?

• How much money would I need to remove from the economy before it really becomes noticed?

redroses

Registered Member
alot i would imagine
why would you ever have a desire to do such a thing anyway? makes no sence

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
At first I didn't think it makes any effect except maybe news if you're doing it in big quantities and publicly (assuming there are no UK laws against burning money, unlike the US). Then I found this from wiki:

"Burning money decreases the wealth of the owner without directly enriching any particular party. However, since it reduces the supply of money, it increases the value of the remaining money, increasing (by roughly the same amount as the money burnt) the collective wealth of everyone else who holds money."

So go figure how much total money is there circulating in your economy and what percentage your burnt money makes. I guess you'd really have to burn millions of money to be noticeable. :lol: