• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PPV Destination X Thread

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm pretty stoked for this All X-Division Wrestler TNA PPV...discuss the card/results and make your picks here!

Already announced:

Brian Kendrick vs. Abyss (c) for the X-Division title.

AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels

Kazarian vs. Samoa Joe

Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn

The announced are from the PPV website...I wrapped two in spoiler tags because they haven't really been announced on Impact Wrestling yet; they're not huge surprises, but I guess that TNA jumped the gun on the official Destination X site. TNA Presents: Destination X Live On Pay-Per-View Sunday July 10 2011

This PPV will also feature the return of the 6-sided ring!

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
This outstanding-sounding PPV is tonight, and here is the final card...

TNA X Division Title Match
Brian Kendrick vs. Abyss
Ultimate X for the #1 Contendership
Robbie E. vs. Alex Shelley vs. Shannon Moore vs. Amazing Red
Winner Gets X Division Contract
Austin Aries vs. Jack Evans vs. Zema Ion vs. Low Ki

Daniels vs. AJ Styles
Kazarian vs. Samoa Joe
Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn
Open Challenge from Douglas Williams

Like really? This is an AMAZING looking card. Here are my predictions:

Kendrick
Alex Shelley
Evans (Close with Aries) ... although Low-Ki will probably win, I am still picking Evans.
Styles
Kazarian
RVD

Now this is where it gets hard... on one hand I want to pick the Mystery Opponent for DW, but it really depends on who it is. So I will go with DW.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Thanks for posting the final card, KSF!

Unity's picks:

Kendrick
Amazing Red
Low Ki (Although I hope that all four of these guys become a full-time part of the X-Divsion...well the jury's still out for me with Zema Ion, though)
Daniels
Kazarian
Jerry Lynn
Mystery Opponent
(I had no idea this match was even taking place, so I'm gambling on this one...I have a few guesses of who it will be, but I'll pick them to win).
------
Here are the quick results, scores for me and KSF, I'll post my thoughts on each match later...overall, it was probably the best PPV I've seen in a long time. Definitely better than Wrestlemania, lol. High match quality and fun to focus on the X-Division again; the crowd was awesome, matches were trending on twitter, and I think the division will be getting a more prominent role in TNA once again!

I'll just post the results from this link: Coverage: Complete Results From The Destination X Pay-Per-View Event

They sum it up better than I do!

Results from the Pay-Per-View event:

- Kazarian defeated Samoa Joe
- Douglas Williams defeated Mark Haskins
- Eric Young and Shark Boy defeated Generation Me
- Alex Shelley won The Ultimate X Match
- Rob Van Dam defeated Jerry Lynn
- Austin Aries defeated Low Ki, Jack Evans and Zema Ion
- X Title: Brian Kendrick defeated Abyss to win the title
- Main Event: AJ Styles defeated Christopher Daniels

- After their violent brawl a week prior, Kazarian defeated Samoa Joe in the opening bout with a roll-up in a match featuring Joe's submission skills vs. Kazarian's high-flying

- In an Open Challenge match, Douglas Williams defeated fellow UK native and newcomer Mark Haskins after Haskins missed a move off the top rope, allowing Williams to roll him up for the pin. After the bout, in a show of respect, Williams helped up Haskins and shook his hand.

- In X Division tag team action, Eric Young and his surprise partner Shark Boy defeated Generation Me after Shark Boy hit the Chummer on Max Buck, followed by a Wheelbarrow Suplex by Eric Young for the pin and win!

- Alex Shelley won the daredevil Ultimate X Match, becoming the new #1 Contender to the X Division Championship by beating Shannon Moore, Amazing Red and Robbie E. After his win, Alex Shelley was surprised by his injured tag team partner Chris Sabin, who came out to celebrate with him!

- Longtime rivals faced off as Rob Van Dam battled Jerry Lynn! It didn't take long for frustration to set in for both athletes. Lynn brought steel chairs into the bout, busting open RVD. However, RVD was able to counter everything Lynn threw at him. Van Dam eventually kicked Lynn with a chair and hit his 5 Star Frog Splash for the pin and the win!

- Austin Aries won an incredible nonstop four-way to earn a contract to join the IMPACT WRESTLING Roster by defeating Low Ki, Zema Ion and Jack Evans in the Destination X Contract Match after hitting a brainbuster! After the bout, with the fans chanting "Sign Them All!", SoCal Val awarded Aries his official contract - to which Aries replied "Are You Surprised?".

- Brian Kendrick became the NEW X Division Champion by defeating Abyss in a wild and chaotic bout! Abyss took control early on with his power, but Kendrick was able to bust Abyss open and bloody him. Eric Bischoff came out - but Kendrick punched him in the face! Later, Immortal came out to beat down Kendrick, but the entire X Division roster came out to fight them off! Out of nowhere, Kendrick rolled up Abyss for the pin with the referee counting from the outside! With Immortal and Abyss in total shock, the X Division celebrated with their new champion.

- In the main event, longtime friends and in-ring X Division rivals faced off as AJ Styles battled Christopher Daniels! The two superstars traded high-flying moves early on, then moved to a ground game before turning up the pace once again. Daniels missed his Best Moonsault Ever, allowing Styles to hit the Styles Clash - which Daniels kicked out of! Daniels then hit the Angels Wings, but AJ kicked out! Daniels then went for a top rope Angels Wings, but AJ blocked it, kicked off Damniels and hit THE SPIRAL TAP off the top for the win! After the bout, an upset Daniels took a moment for himself, then shook hands and hugged his longtime friend as the PPV went off the air!
KSF: 6 correct (good job, man!)
Unity: 2 correct (yikes, haha)

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought it was a fun PPV overall and I didn't feel like there were many low points. Daniels vs Styles was what you'd expect but the 4 way that saw Aries win was absolutely tremendous. I am so happy Austin Aries is back. He's not only sick in the ring but is charismatic and legit on the mic.

Very good PPV.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I thought it was a fun PPV overall and I didn't feel like there were many low points. Daniels vs Styles was what you'd expect but the 4 way that saw Aries win was absolutely tremendous. I am so happy Austin Aries is back. He's not only sick in the ring but is charismatic and legit on the mic.

Very good PPV.
The 4-way was really a highlight, I loved the fans' chants of "Hire them all!" I think that myself and many others agree with that sentiment...Low Ki has been on fire since returning to Impact Wrestling and has really been showing some great intensity. Jack Evans was unbelievable, and Aries was just the man. Zima Ion isn't bad, but if I had to discard one it would be him haha. I'd love to see them all competing, though.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
It was a great wrestling PPV, although when Easy E and Immortal show up, I get pissy. Regardless, it was a great PPV, and easily TNA's top of the year. The four-way was great, however, I believe the match of the night was Styles/Daniels. It told such a story, with the four-way being a pure spot fest.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
It was a great wrestling PPV, although when Easy E and Immortal show up, I get pissy. Regardless, it was a great PPV, and easily TNA's top of the year. The four-way was great, however, I believe the match of the night was Styles/Daniels. It told such a story, with the four-way being a pure spot fest.
Were you surprised, though? The whole theme of Kendrick's title shot was to take the belt away from Abyss and Immortal, who wanted to piss on the X-Division....having him win in spite of their interference (with the help of the X-Division) was symbolic and somewhat necessary.

Daniels/Styles definitely told a great story...they both got tired and had a couple of mess-ups, but I always love seeing these two wrestle.

I think one of the matches that will be underrated but was one of the best was Lynn vs. RVD. These two guys went the distance in a pretty long endurance match and never failed to keep impressing me. I even was left wondering in the end whether we've seen the last of this classic feud.

With the above two matches, I really think that Daniels should have gotten the win to acknowledge his historic role in the X-Division and that Lynn should have finally gotten the best of RVD. With Daniels, at least, a heel turn could be in his future. He was really frustrated and barely wanted to be a good sport with AJ at the end. I'd like to see it, because he's just kind of blending in.

Has anyone else been thinking that with the rise of the X-Division once again (at least I hope it will stay this way, but from what I've read on Twitter, etc. I think that it will) that Immortal needs an X-Division member? I'd love to see Shelley, Aries, or Daniels step into that spot.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I haven't watched TNA in god knows how long, but after seeing the card for this one, it was the first PPV i've actually paid for since Wrestlemania 26!! and it did not disappoint one bit!!

The Abyss vs Kendrick match was probably the low point for me, but even that wasn't anywhere near to being particularly bad. I mean, i was worried that with all the talent on the card TNA were gonna ruin it by overbooking it completelhy and turning it into a big messy clusterfuck. They only did it with one match, so can't complain! :p It didn't come off too badly either. It suited the story (from what i gathered from the promo beforehand!!)

High points: quite a lot!! Seeing some of the classic chair spots between Lynn and RVD was fantastic, and the turnbuckle powerbomb spot was insane!! really well executed. RVD impressed me in this match, i haven't seen him perform that well in a while. Though Lynn has definitely "still got" more of "it" than RVD. Despite his age, consistently one of the best performers in the business today!

The 4 way was awesome. and the fans were awesome!! I definitely agree with them, if TNA does have the opportunity to sign all of those wrestlers and only sign one, they're making a big mistake. Low-Ki is world class, and Jack Evans & Amazing Red could be a perfect "spotfest" team to replace Generation Me!!

The other highlight was Gen Me vs Eric Young and Shark Boy. I love Eric Young and i was delighted to see him on the show. Great match, and i just love the fact that Shark Boy was trending on twitter for like over 10 minutes. He's STILL so over it's ridiculous!! :p

So very very good PPV. I DID feel that they needed Daniels vs AJ to be a classic encounter for it to be a great PPV. The main event of thi one would always define the PPV as a whole. Unfortunately, it was the worst match i've ever seen them have. Again, not particularly bad as a wrestling match. Just a huge let down, considering the build up and who was in it. But regardless, great PPV!! and i'll be watching Impact Wrestling this week, most definitely!!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
So very very good PPV. I DID feel that they needed Daniels vs AJ to be a classic encounter for it to be a great PPV. The main event of thi one would always define the PPV as a whole. Unfortunately, it was the worst match i've ever seen them have. Again, not particularly bad as a wrestling match. Just a huge let down, considering the build up and who was in it. But regardless, great PPV!! and i'll be watching Impact Wrestling this week, most definitely!!
You said this really well, wooly. It wasn't a bad match, it just didn't really meet expectations. When you see Styles vs. Daniels on the marquee you expect much more than had happened. But Daniels is getting older and has a lot of injuries; he's still one of my favorites in TNA, probably in my top 5, but it's just hard to picture these guys having the same kind of spotfest match that they could have had 5-6 years ago.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Wrestling 9
idisrsly Travel 26
Unity Wrestling 0
Millz Travel 20
Millz Wrestling 12