Dessert...

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No this isn't what's your favorite dessert type of topic.

If you go out to a restaurant and you order a meal, do you always order a dessert afterwards?

For me it all depends, if I drink beer I won't have any, because when I order a dessert I usually take something with chocolate, and beer with chocolate doesn't work to well together. But if I dont have any beer, which is rare, I'll take order one.

How about you guys?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I don't get dessert at restaurants very often. I'm usually too full after eating the meal. If there's a dessert that looks really good then sometimes I'll order one.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Usually i'm too full to order dessert after the meal, but if there is a particularly good one, i'll order it anyway. Bythe time they've made it, i'm a little hungry again, and if not i'll get a takeout box, and take it home.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
This is funny because just recently we were at a nice restaurant and the waitress talked us into Nevada Style Cheesecake. If there ever was something for the win, that cheesecake was it.

But yea, aside from that we hadnt had dessert at a restaurant in a long time. Usually if we do its a slice of cheesecake but as I said already its a real rarity.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
If we're doing the courses type of thing, then I order dessert. It's because the cheese course usually allows me to take a break (not eat anything) and digest the main meal. Then I have space for dessert course.

If it's a more casual meal, I skip dessert. I get for my kids though because it's a regular part of their meal and they like it.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I will only order it after I have finished the main meal, and I can still fit some in. Otherwise I will not order any, and maybe just get a few more drinks before I leave.

ancredelamour

Registered Member
I don't get dessert at restaurants very often. I'm usually too full after eating the meal. If there's a dessert that looks really good then sometimes I'll order one.
Yup. Me too. And everyone at my table shares it!
I get soo stuffed from restaurant food, they always give huge portions, how could there be room for dessert all the time!?

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
As a kid eating in a restuarant was a treat, so having dessert was a must as far as I was concerned, so I didn't care how stuffed I was.
I learned though as I was growing up not to order a meal for myself but just have a bit of everyone's dishes and that would make me satisfied and not too full, and I could enjoy the dessert without being stuffed.

Nowadays, I will only order dessert if I'm not full.

Bliss

Sally Twit
It depends how full I am after the meal. Sometimes I need 30 minutes for it to go down and I'll then fancy something sweet.
I have wasted a lot of puddings though from thinking I wanted one when really I didn't.