• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Desmond Wolfe's Health Issues

wooly

I am the woolrus
This news broke a good few days ago but seems nobody's mentioned it yet. A few of us were wondering recently where the hell was Desmond Wolfe and well, the news isn't good:

Randy Ricci, a former production manager for TNA Wrestling, claimed in a blog post on Friday that he heard the reason Desmond Wolfe has not been wrestling in recent months is because he has Hepatitis C—a viral disease that leads to inflammation of the liver. He added that he hopes it’s not true. Ricci says he heard the former ROH World Champion will be offered an office job.

Wolfe last wrestled for the organization in August. He and Magnus were scheduled to receive a shot at the TNA World Tag Team Championship against The Motor City Machine Guns at No Surrender, but were pulled from the event at the last minute, with TNA citing a “personal issue” as the reason. It was later reported that Wolfe was pulled from the event due to an undisclosed medical situation that would sideline him indefinitely.

Hulk Hogan is the only TNA Wrestling employee to publicly address Wolfe’s status with the organization. When asked recently on Twitter about Wolfe returning to television, Hogan responded, “Desmond’s situation is beyond TNA’s control, the ball is completely in his court.”
If Wolfe DOES have Hepatitis C than i can only assume that's the end of his career. I can't imagine anybody wanting to wrestle him because of the risk level (except maybe X-Pac!). Ricci says he "hopes it's not true" but i think it's been almost a week since this story first came out and the fact that nobody's denied it doesn't look positive.

If it is true, then it'll be a huge loss for wrestling. One of the best guys to ever come out of ROH. Definitely one of the best champions in ROH history, with his amazingly long reigns with both the Pure Championship and the ROH Title. I hope the story isn't true, because to have to retire at 33 would be a real tragedy.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I really hope this isn't accurate...Wolfe had been incredible in TNA so far, and I was really hoping for him to make it far in the company (and in the business in general).

His first program - the one with Angle - was phenomenal. I really hope there's more to come.

wooly

I am the woolrus
His first program - the one with Angle - was phenomenal. I really hope there's more to come.
Agreed. In fact, from what i've seen of TNA since then i haven't seen them put on another feud that i enjoyed anywhere near as much. Plus, their match at Turning Point was one of the best matches in any promotion of that year.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well this would certainly better explain the reason we haven't seen Wolfe on television in quite some time.

Just a tough break and I hope nothing but the best for him.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I as well hope this report isn't accurate. Desmond is extremely talented. That being said, there's no way that they should let him wrestle for obvious reasons. I do hope that he does get offered a office job since he has a great wrestling mind and can provide a lot of good suggestions.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I know that these roles often get physical, but if all of this is legit I'd really like to see Desmond in some kind of on-screen role (like a GM or manager).

What do you guys think of that, and is there a way to get around the risks and physicality?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
If TNA loses Wolfe to this rumor being true, I don't see TNA recovering to cover his role very well. He is an amazing talent, and his abilities will be missed if it is all true.

I wish Nigel (his actual name) the best of luck in his future.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 2
Babe_Ruth NBA 1