• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Help desktop icons changing for no reason

Tristan84

Registered Member
I installed UT99 and UT2003 yesterday. (BTW, this isn't about them.) I noticed earlier that their icons had changed, UT2003's changed to a disk drive, UT99 changed to a globe. Both Icons had that little 4-color shield yo normally see on setup program icons. However, when I go into properties, it shows the proper icon. What is going on and how can I fix that?

dDave

V.I.P.
Hi Tristan,

Icons changing can be due to several things. To name just a few that come to mind...

1. Corrupted Cache
2. Virus (though not likely)
3. Mods in UT
4. Startup options for the program

Those are just a few of my thoughts. One thing to try would be manually downloading the icon and setting the newly downloaded icon as the icon. I had to do this years ago to fix a strange corruption issue I was having and it certainly did the trick.

Tristan84

Registered Member
Hi Tristan,

Icons changing can be due to several things. To name just a few that come to mind...

1. Corrupted Cache
2. Virus (though not likely)
3. Mods in UT
4. Startup options for the program

Those are just a few of my thoughts. One thing to try would be manually downloading the icon and setting the newly downloaded icon as the icon. I had to do this years ago to fix a strange corruption issue I was having and it certainly did the trick.
Where do I find the icon, how do I change it, and how do I fix the cache?