• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Designated Survivor (SPOILERS)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who else watched the series premiere of Designated Survivor tonight? What were your thoughts?

I thought it was a very interesting start to the series and I am looking forward to seeing where they take it. The season preview at the end looked very interesting as well.

I'll be watching next week too.

Powerful

Registered Member
I'm willing to give Designated Survivor a few more weeks, but some nitpicky things really bothered me:

1. There is no way they'd bring the President to the White House, just a mile or so away from the destroyed Capitol. No way.

2. Maggie Q was very easily able to get two cell calls through following the attack. I was in DC on 9/11 and it was hours and hours before calls were getting through because the circuits were busy. I have no doubt the cell capabilities have been boosted a lot since then but...

3. Kiefer's chief of staff was able to talk her way into the White House after the attack? Yeah, I don't think so.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well it got picked up for a full 22 episode season. We'll see how that ends up looking. I can forgive those thighs you mentioned. #1 is a great point though but they said in the show that they wants the president to come across as strong. Hiding in some bunker would not convey that. It's not entirely implausible for him to be there, but I do see your point.

Powerful

Registered Member
Catching up on Designated Survivor. Just watched episode three, where they're starting to piece together what happened.

That last scene on the bridge reminded of so many scenes just like it from 24, and they're using sounds -- like the whooshing sound after the clock count down -- that sound so much like 24 as well.

Powerful

Registered Member
I finally caught up on Designated Survivor. I'm betting on the chief of staff being the one who got shot, who will die, to be followed immediately by the woman who loves him finding out he was innocent.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I think the wife will get shot. I'm just waiting for that moment Jack, I mean, the president will finally get a chance to talk to Nikita, I mean Maggie Q.‎

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 6
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 10
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 14
Mirage Movies & TV 1
Babe_Ruth Baseball 6