Desert Island.

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by snowflake, Dec 28, 2008.

1. snowflake

snowflake Registered Member

If you were to live on a desert island. What three items would you take with you.

My toothbrush, I'd hate not been able to brush my teeth.
    Chocolate, I wouldn't be able to live without it
    Mt laptop, Would keep me entertained.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008

2. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Sun screen, because if it is indeed a desert island my skin would fry.

A change of clothes, preferably something a bit warm to help keep me warm at night.

And a "surviving in a desert like region" book so that I know what will be good to eat and what to stay away from.

3. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

With no toothpaste and no way to recharge your laptop battery, the only entertainment you'd get after a while would be feeling your teeth rotting away from eating the chocolate. :lol: <-- you wif no toofies

Me, I like to travel light. I'd bring a Hohner harmonica in the key of C, a snub-nosed .38 and a bullet. I don't wanna live on no stinkin' desert island!

English-Emo-Boy likes this.
  4. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

i hate these questions coz they make me have to think haha joking

1. My laptop (im not going to question the whole will we have a plug to put it in?
    2. A Clock or Watch (i hate not knowing what the time is)
    3. A survivors guide thing

5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I was going to be "that guy" but you beat me to it. :lol:

Although honestly a toothbrush without any toothpaste would still trump nothing at all. Especially in a survival situation. At least you could keep your teeth relatively clean brushing with just water. I'd be more worried about the toothbrush wearing down than having an infinite supply of toothpaste.

A few things about the other answers so far:

Hime, sunscreen would run out and you'd be wishing you brought something that would last longer. And the book is a good idea but half of the things in it will kind of be be based on the assumption that you didn't waste your other two items on spare clothing and sunscreen lotion. :lol:

Nixola, why care what time it is if you are on a desert island? Build a sundial. :) As for questioning whether or not you can plug your laptop in... that might be worth questioning. Odds are not in your favor. A true desert island wouldn't really have luxuries like electricity. ;)

As for me, 3 items? That's a quandary. I'm going to assume no escaping and no infinite electricity so I'll skip the obvious entertainment items, laptop, tv, etc. I guess off the top of my head I'd take:

1. A medium size knife good for carving new knives out of wood, and also good for hunting and shelter building in general.

2. A first aid kit. Obviously it would eventually run out but it would be better than nothing if I got injured.

3. A good sized metal pot. That way I could cook things as well as boil water for drinking purposes.

If I could go with 4 I'd pack a normal sized backpack as well. That would make it easier to go out and gather food and other items I would need. A toothbrush really isn't a terrible idea for a 4th item either, for reasons I mentioned earlier in this post.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  6. PentaCube

PentaCube Registered Member

1. a bush knife
    2. matches
    3. a guide book

7. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

1.) A machete

2.) A cooking pot

3.) A good woman

I'd use the machete to tell the woman to cook me a meal in the pot:shifteyes:

8. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

1. a boat
    2. some petrol
    3. a GPS

smoke me a kipper and i'll back for beakfast!

9. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

All my guns and plenty of ammo... gotta have something fun to do that doesn't require power :)

An MP3 player of some sort with a few extra batteries.

An air mattress so I don't have to sleep on the ground.

10. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

The following items would be taken to the desert island with me:

1. Laptop
    2. A good woman
    3. toiletries/shower gel/things to keep me clean.