• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Desert Island Discs 2.0

Impact

V.I.P.
So, here's the thread for the Desert Island Discs 2.0 - Singular Artist. HES said someone with organisational skills should run this one ;) So here it is. Sign up in this thread if you wanna participate and post your 5 songs from the one artist you're choosing. I'm thinking we'll start this after the weekend.

Any new members are welcomed to join too.

Last edited:

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
Cool Imp, I know you'll do an awesome job... I'd say I'm looking forward to this, but erm... lol :)
Anyway, I'm in. Gimme a bit of time to work out my list. Will be back with it soon.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Here are my 5...

Whatever It Takes
- Joe Budden - 6:59
1000 Faces - Joe Budden - 4:53
Under The Sun - Joe Budden - 4:35
Dumb Out - Joe Budden - 7:46
Are You In That Mood Yet? - Joe Budden - 3:33

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I am quite certain that like last time I am going to regret this but I will throw my name in the hat for round two so here we go:

Artist: Foo Fighters (in celebration of seeing them in May this year)

Songs:
1 - Stacked Actors
2 - Next Year
3 - Learn to Fly
4 - Best of You
5 - All my Life

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
I'm liking the Foo Fighters ginock, savvy list there.

Although, after rolling this around in my bonce for a bit, the only artist I can possibly revert to for this is The Distillers; their Hall of Mirrors was my favourite song during the last challenge, and so it will be making an appearance again.
I will be engaged with the following:

1. Hall of Mirrors - The Distillers
2. Dismantle Me - The Distillers
3. City of Angels - The Distillers
4. Coral Fang - The Distillers
5.For Tonight You're Only Here to Know - The Distillers

I was gonna put 'Bullet and the Bullseye' in there, as it's fucking awesome. But at only about 1 minute long, it's pretty damned short. Most of The Distillers tracks are quite short as a rule, most aren't even over 2 minutes, although they do have like a ten minuter or whatever called 'Death Sex' - *rambles* fucking love 'em. *pondering whether he should have Drain the Blood in the list* - *thinks* - *declines idea, posts*

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Sorry guys, I have a lot going on right now. Go ahead and do this without me. Sorry to hold you guys up.

Impact

V.I.P.
Argh, I actually have no idea what band to choose for this. I'm thinking i'll go with Avenged Sevenfold, but picking just 5 songs will be a nightmare. Still got the weekend to pick something out Bubz, wasn't going to start it til Monday anyway
------
Yeah, definitely going with Avenged Sevenfold. Here are my 5 tracks:

Unholy Confessions - 4:44
Brompton Cocktail - 4:13
Welcome to the Family - 4:06
A Little Piece of Heaven - 8:01
Seize the Day - 5:33

It was actually a lot harder than I thought narrowing it down to only 5 for them considering I love practically every song off of every album. Hopefully I haven't screwed myself by choosing a lot of their shorter songs.

Last edited:

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Argh, I actually have no idea what band to choose for this. I'm thinking i'll go with Avenged Sevenfold, but picking just 5 songs will be a nightmare. Still got the weekend to pick something out Bubz, wasn't going to start it til Monday anyway
------
Yeah, definitely going with Avenged Sevenfold. Here are my 5 tracks:

Unholy Confessions - 4:44
Brompton Cocktail - 4:13
Welcome to the Family - 4:06
A Little Piece of Heaven - 8:01
Seize the Day - 5:33

It was actually a lot harder than I thought narrowing it down to only 5 for them considering I love practically every song off of every album. Hopefully I haven't screwed myself by choosing a lot of their shorter songs.
I was also thinking of going with A7X but was also considering Trivium. Good selection though :)

Impact

V.I.P.
I was also thinking of going with A7X but was also considering Trivium. Good selection though :)
Good to see someone else considering A7X. Figured going with one of my favourite bands was the safest bet, I mean...they my favourite for a reason right? I was also looking at Rise Against, Alkaline Trio and Disturbed, but at the end of the day I think I listen to more A7X, and often listen to some of their songs on repeat any way.

So, is everyone good for starting on Monday? We will just be using this thread to discuss how we're doing and such, so keep an eye out. I shall post in here Monday (probably around midnight UK time) and that's when it will start. As soon as you see the post you start.