Description or Design?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by Mirage, Oct 10, 2005.

?

So, was it bling or was it "thing"?

1. My OoT cart was gold baby!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Just plain grey for me.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I only ever got OoT on the Cube special disc

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I only ever got OoT emulated on my computer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I never gots Ocarina, but I felt I should be part of this poll

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

What do you think sells your item better, a good description, or a good auction design and a medeocre description.

It's weird because I have seen the exact same item go for hundreds of dollars price difference and it seems to be that the higher bids go to the one with the "prettier" layout.

I tested this theory myself and it seems like when I do an auction with lots of graphics and formatting, it looks better, and sells for more than other identical items.

What are your thoughts on this?

:)

2. Bunny_roses

Bunny_roses what? no pink?

I dunno I think sometimes its about 50/50

I have seen alot of items go for alot of money that had a good description and hardly any design. and I have seen the other way around too.

but I voted description hehe I think if you have good writing skills you can do pretty good.

3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

My best selling auctions have always been the ones I got creative with as far as description, but I truly think it's the combination of both.

4. TwilightDawn

TwilightDawn ~Bus Driver's Pet~

I agree but I think it's more like 80/10/10 80% pictures of the Item 10% design and 10% content...

5. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Truly, it all depends on what your selling. Each auction is unique so you can't break it down into numbers!

6. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

Where did this poll come from? Never saw it before.

I like a good description (wanna know what you're buying)! but design shows professional.

I'd give it 75 description/25 design

7. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

And you did just that!!:lol: Look at the poll's #'s!

8. Nanner

Nanner Registered Member

I am good aren't I? :lol:

Give me a good pic.....and detailed description of what I'm getting and I'm a happy camper. The rest is gravy (and sometimes more $$$ so I guess for the seller the design part might be something)

9. candiem30

candiem30 New Member

I agree with AngelPeak, it all depends on the item. Although I think pretty graphics cant hurt.

10. greengreysky

greengreysky New Member

A picture's worth a thousand words, sure, but only if it's a good picture!
    I've used the eBay software Nabit before and it provides a good mix of both text and image.