Deron Williams

Discussion in 'NBA' started by StroShow, May 30, 2007.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Everyone knows that Deron Williams had quite te season with the Utah Jazz this season, and to top all that he's having an even better playoff. I was wondering if you guys thought that Deron Williams is quietly becoming the best Point Guard in the NBA right now? If your answer yes then why do you think so. Same goes with if you answer no.

2. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Well, I haven't watched many Jazz games during the seaso, and I don't quite remember the ones where they played thte Mavs, so I can't make an opinion on the regular season). But he did seem like a guy who came out of nowhere during the playoffs to me. People were so focused on the stars during the playoffs that I didn't even notice him until the Conference FInals.

So yeah. He is becoming a star. There aren't many who can do as much as he can.

3. KING JAZZ

KING JAZZ Guest

he will become an all-star very soon

just a question for some older fans. did you noticed how Bison Dele and Deron look a like. i was just talking the other day to one friend of mine who is Deron fan and he agreed they look a like very much. if you can remember thats they guy that played for the bulls a little and he was killed in the sea, possibly by his brother.

when you watch in the game, resemblence is very clear. Bison looks like Derons big brother

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I believe Deron will have an amazing career, I truly believe that him and Paul are two of the best young point guards in the game, it really helps him that he plays for caoch Sloan, because he coached one of the best point guards of all time and that's Stockton. But you got to remember that this is only his second season he has a lot of learning to do, but I wouldn't rank him top 5 point guards, there's a lot of other players out there, that are better overall point guards then him.

5. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

No, he's not the best PG in the league right now.

1. Nash
    2. Kidd (look at his stats and what he does)
    3. Baron (when healthy)
    4. AI (he's a pg/sg combo guy. easy to leave of the list if u like)
    5. Chauncy Billups
    6. Gilbert Arenas (ditto like AI)
    7. Chris Paul (still has that isiah quality that hints at having more intangibles to go with the incredible skills)
    8. Derron Williams
    9. Tony Parker
    10. Kirk Hinrich
    11. TJ Ford
    12. Andre Miller

6. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

I never said that he was the best Point Guard in the league right now. If you read my question properly it says that "Do you think Deron Williams is quietly becoming the best Point Guard in the league?" No where in that sentence it says that he's there right now.

7. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

when you say quietly becoming the best, it insinuates he's the best.
    least that's how I read it.
    in 2-3 years time, yeah him and Chris Paul will be discussed as being the best.
    but by then another young PG may hit the league with a splash (Conley perhaps) or one may make the big jump the Derron did (Rajon Rondo please let it be Rajon!)

hard to say if he will be considered the #1 pick.
    my feeling is Chris Paul will before Deron is.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree Paul will probably be considered one of the best point guards before Williams is. But Williams has the advantage right now because he did make the Western Conference finals and he helped his team reaching that point. But there's a lot of young point guards in this league like, Ford, Rando, Williams and Paul, and Williams has a chance to become one of the best.

9. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Guest

one of the best.. definitely.
    THE best.. hard to say, it's only his 2nd year.

btw the Jazz have a MUCH better team than the Hornets. Paul can't do it all

10. He's not right now, but he is definately getting there. The way he and ran the team while they were in the playoffs was simply amazing for a guy his age.