• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Derek Fisher - New York Knicks head coach?

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
Most reliable source breaking this news..so it as to be a done deal.

“@WojYahooNBA: Derek Fisher is finalizing an agreement on a 5-year, $25 million deal to become the Knicks coach, league sources tell Yahoo.”

knickstape2107

Registered Member
Great hire. Good fit for us. He knows the triangle offense, is a proven champion, a leader, knows Phil well, and knows the game well. This is another step in the right direction.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Fisher really a more attractive candidate for the Knicks than Ewing, outside of the Jackson connection?

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I guess the trend of hiring guys who aren't former coaches continues, eh?

I mean we're seeing it in baseball too but its going to be interesting to see how this plays out.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
What I wonder the most is that will he be the coach of the New York Knicks or Phil Jackson's puppet?

James Borbath

Looks like a great hire for a Phil Jackson run club as their is know doubt that they will run the Triangle Offence which is something I am sure Jackson would be insistent on in any potential coach. They did pay a ton of money for an unproven rookie coach but Nets did same with Kidd and that ended up working out fairly well. Fisher has always had an excellent rep with top players like Kobe and Kevin Durant so it will be on Mello if he remains on Knicks and can not make it work with Fisher.

BourneofDarkness15

Registered Member
It could turn out like Kidd going to the Nets or it could be a total bust. Though Fisher might be able to give the Knicks a couple of wins over the Thunder, unless Brooks can come up with more innovative plays... yeah that was a lowblow

knickstape2107

Registered Member
I don't think the money really matters. 5 million a year is nothing to us. Also, I think Fisher will be a better coach than Steve Kerr. More leadership w/ Fisher.

Joshua Howe

It's hardly a question. Fisher WILL be PJax's puppet, at least for the first or first few) seasons. Jackson really just needs an extension of himself to coach the team. In fact, it's likely that he would've coached if he didn't have the back/hip issues that he's dealing with that make him unable to fly around to all the different arenas. Fisher will look like Fisher, talk like Fisher and walk like Fisher, but he'll probably have Phil's voice due to being a simple BORG minion. Keep an ear open for those sound bites, eh? lol