• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Depression

007 Vegita

Man i hate to say it but a lot of kids now a days are getting really depressed. Personally i think the reason is the girls or crowd of people they hang around with. I have a really good friend and he's been so depressed he decent even answer the phone anymore,and when i ask why are you so down he just breaks down crying. When i talk to his girlfriend she tells me she gets scared because he says things like killing himself,self mutilation's.etc and when i hear that i just want to cry. But as his bestfriend i told him that we would over come his problem together...and what do you know all he needed to know is that he did have real friends in the world and he will be a good person as long as you stick to your dreams and stay bright you could do anything.But what do you think causes kids to go in that depression state, and what do you think you could do to help them.

Sephiroth_Masamune

l 7SIN Sasori l
Parents ignoring their children, big decisions, Girlfriends/Boyfriends, Friends, poeple in general, the truth.

I myself am suffering from depression at the moment, but it comes and goes with the day. I have lost alot of love for things that have made me happy lately. Ever sinced I was forced to move to Florida and left my girlfriend behind, my life has been depressing. I have dropped out of school, almost lost my girlfriend, I never leave the house, I don't go out to have fun anymore.

I stay online all day, and sometimes, I don't even do that anymore.

Sephy

Forum Drifter
More and more kids are becoming depressed and I think it's because they are under a lot of pressure. You are depended on for so much, and it really isn't fair. Also, I read that around 3/4 of our population suffers from some sort of depression. I myself suffer it, but I am working hard to overcome it and I am making progress. I wish your friend luck.

merob

Boom!
there's more pressure on kids today. bad parenting plays a role, schools are more competitive, the country's in chaos, poverty's raising, life's generally a bitch now a days. The media focouses on depressed teens, but people in general seem more fustrated then usuall. I think teen's are just reacting to their enviornment like everyone else. I thought it was weird they're being singled out.

edit; my statement about teens being singled out isn't directed at you. I'm just saying I hear about teen depression alot on tv as if they're the only ones suffering. I dont agree w/ that. basically times in general are rough, and maybe it's getting to your friend. If he's on anti depressants that be me a cause as well. I've heard a report children hooked on anti depressants are more likely to committ suicide. Do his parents know he's suffering like this?

moose

O N03Z!!! 4 /V0Z!!!
imo, i think hes becoming emo. that is what happened to one of my closer friends. ii dont hang around w/ her much because she started burning herself with lighters and stuff.

Fix this post and make it better looking in terms of composure. Spell out words, or post in the sub-topic area. This is Mature Discussion.

Sephiroth_Masamune

merob

Boom!
I hate telling people what to do, but I'll make a suggestion.
you should try to lend some support if it's not too late. recently I went through some shit and was really depressed. My friends freaked out and distanced themselves. It made everything harder. I even started to dislike some of the closer ones because of their neglect.
whats imo?

IMO = In My Opinion

Sephiroth_Masamune

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well like someone said already kids these days have a lot of pressure to live up to their parents, and then there's always school involve, you have to get good grades to get into a good school. It's a shame it's that way, I think you just need friends and you need to have laughter in your life, if something makes you laugh everyday, then your will go even better. But it's not all kids that get depressed there's a lot of adults that have difficulty paying bills, and making sure their kids get food on the table.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

Well I am majoring in Psychology, and depression is A LOT more complicated then what most people think. It can range from things that have happened in your past that still linger in your mind, they can be little things, or big things. Then again it can be things that are happening now, you dont fit in, etc, etc. Sometimes people just have a poor self-image of themselves which causes them to be depressed, and then you have people who just want attention. It can range in quite a lot of different areas and things.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I went through a period of depression and the reason was because I was over worrysome. I would bother myself with stupid shit that I shouldn't have bothered myself with. I have this tendency to think when I'm bored. I'll just think about random things from politics, to people, to life's meaning, to the universe and it's existence, everything from little things to big things.

A

Anonym0uz Bitch

I tend to think to much in general, though I dont know if thats a good or bad thing.