Depressing Anime

Discussion in 'Anime' started by Greywolf, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Greywolf

Greywolf Registered Member

What is the most depressing anime you've ever watched. If anything, there is one I watched, Kanon... And a rumored anime that'll make me wanna 'cut myself' as said by my source, is "Grave of the Fireflies". What's yours?

2. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

Grave of the Fireflies just annoyed me after a while.

I guess the saddest anime I've seen would be Elfen Lied, maybe ParaKiss. I hear Saikano is super sad, and plan on trying that over my break though.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm actually interested to see Grave of the Fireflies. Been thinking of buying it since last year but just never got to do it. Some anime I've watched are dark or sad but none of them qualifies as depressing to me as of the moment.

4. Mason

Mason phawq

Elfen Lied, and Saikano are really depressing, to the point that i almost cried while watching them. Some of Clannad is also quite depressing, though it ended on a good note. Haven't really seen any other depressing series, though, as it's not exactly my main preference of television series.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  5. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES is neck-and-neck with the live action "Testament" as the most depressing movie I've ever seen. Definitely not to be watched if you're in an already depressive mood. Don't get me wrong, it's worth watching but its not a feel good date night movie.

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Probably Clannad and Elfen Lied win. I choked up during Elfen Lied.

7. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I wouldn't say Grave of The Fireflies is depressing but it defiantly upset me.

8. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

oh yeah, the end of kino's jouney makes me cry. repeatedly.

9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Kannazuki No Miko makes me cry every time i watch it.

10. Kanji

Kanji Registered Member

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien aka Rumbling Hearts is pretty depressing.