Movies Denzel Washington official thread

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well we didn't get much responces for the Jim Carrey official thread, so hopefully will get a better responces for Denzel.

I was wondering if you enjoyed watching Denzel's movies? Do you think he's a good actor? So let's just talk about Denzel.

Personally I think Denzel is a great actor, he's made so many great movies and he's done real good acting jobs in some of his movies, for me he's one of my favorite actors.

Thoughts on Denzel Washington?

Italiano

Film Elitist
I heard "Deja Vu" wasn't that great for his more recent films. He's a good actor but I think he's starting to develop the "John Wayne Syndrome".

It means that the actor starts developing traits that you seen in everyone of his roles. It can be the way they speak, how they speak, body language, the way they move. Most cases are pretty mild. John Wayne was the biggest of them all.

Other actors that have "John Wayne Syndrome" are Jack Nicholson, Kevin Costner, Robert DeNiro, and Shia LeBeouf.

Italiano

Film Elitist
I need to see "The Hurricane". I'm a big Dylan fan and I love that song, plus I'm interested to see how they've adapted the story on screen.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Remember The Titans and Philadelphia are my favorite movies from him, I think he did an amazing job in Philadelphia his acting was at his best during that movie.

But I have to agree with you Italiano he does have the same role lately he's usally a cop in his recent films, or has the bad boy role. But I still think he's a great actor.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I saw this movie called the pelican brief, it had denzel washington in it and I really enjoyed it, remember the titans is also another good one.