Denver signs Arrington (ARI) and Buckhalter (PHI)

Discussion in 'NFL' started by BigBob, Feb 27, 2009.

1. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

This actually wasn't a big story but it's under the NFL Free Agency watch.
    I guess Denver wants to make sure they arn't going to have the same problems last year at running back that they currently have 9 running backs and 3 full backs, but of course I'd assume some are getting cut.. but who? Torain, Young, Pope and Hillis all proved their worth.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

These could be valuable pick ups, obviously both of these players aren't number ones, but they are ready when they are called upon. Also most of the time Denver running back system is amazing, so they'll definitely benefit from playing there in my opinion.

3. Millz

Millz Lance Catamaran Staff Member V.I.P.

they have so many rbs that its ridiculous...

buckhalter is good tho...i wanted the rams to go after him

Matriqulated likes this.
  4. BigBob

BigBob Registered Member

Wasn't last year the first year in a while they didn't have a 1,000 yard rusher?

5. Matriqulated

Matriqulated Future is Fused 3036A.D.

Yeah, don't sleep on Buckhalter. No one knows who he is because he spent most of his early years on IR, and then is #2 in a system that ignores the run 70% of the time. But given the opportunity when healthy he can break a big gain randomly when you least expect it. And you know he can catch out of the backfield as well. If the new Denver regime commits to running the football he could prove to be a dangerous combo runner.

I wouldn't call him a #1 either though.