Denver @ New Orleans 04/27

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Mirage, Apr 28, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Did anybody else watch this one? Denver came 5 points away from DOUBLING the score of New Orleans. It was a terrible game and NO got absolutely dominated. It was the biggest score gap in playoff history.

121 to 63, Nuggets. :lol:

NBA.com: Nuggets at Hornets Game Scoreboard

I'd say they'll take this next game easy (It's 3-1 right now) and probably beat Dallas as well in round 2.

Maybe just maybe they will beat the Laker's and make it to the finals.. That would be awesome. :D

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I cannot believe the Nuggets won by 58 points, which is a playoff record. Its just unbelievable. They pretty much played a perfect game, they were great on offence and defence.

But like the great Yogi Berra once said "Its not over, till it's over"

3. Mirage

It was funny because Charles Barkley was on Sports Center talking about how he usually doesn't accuse teams of giving up just because they played badly but he said in this case he's going to just flat out say that they quit and didn't even want to win .

Here are the highlights. New Orleans was just playing so much slop. They were drowning out there and just couldn't get anything done.

YouTube - Denver @ New Orleans : Game 4 Highlights

4. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

What a joke of a game...the Hornets layed an egg and didnt even try towards the end.

The Nuggets are gonna finish this thing off. Denver might be the most underrated team in the NBA right now.

5. Mirage

That's what I'm hoping is true as well. :D

If they make it to the finals then you can be sure I'll make it to one of the games.

As far as I'm concerned this is what New Orleans gets for making my Charlotte Hornet's jacket obsolete. :rant:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  6. Babe_Ruth

I dont believe the Nuggets are underrated at all, they finished with the second best record in the Western Conference, even though they were tied with a few teams.

Ever since they got Chauncy Billups in a trade, they've been playing way better basketball. I think after the Lakers the Nuggets are the team to beat in the Western Conference. Which is good to see, since they're my favorite team out of the West.

7. Mirage

I want to see a Laker's Nuggets semi-finals at the very least. I like both teams but I'd rather see Denver take it because it would be more exciting.

8. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I say they are underrated because they are the 2 seed and nobody talks about them. At least it doesnt seem like they do. And they stole Billups from Detroit.

9. Babe_Ruth

If they do face eachother it would be an exciting series to watch, but there's no way they can beat them. Melo doesn't play good defence at all, he's awful on that side of the ball, which means Kobe would have his way with him. I also don't think Nene could stop either Gasol or Bynum, but they can stop him.

The only player that I believe would be unstoppable on this Nuggets team is Billups. He had his way with them when he first won his NBA championship, it would be the same this time around.